Sunday, December 3, 2017

It's in the Mail

Well, all of my out-of-town cards are mailed out. I held back the in-town cards and one parcel of gifts until this coming week. Before I sat down to write this post, I had to go back and read what I accomplished last week. The days are so much the same, I don't know whether I am coming or going. I wanted to get all my cards made and mailed, so I am very happy that the job is done. I made 48 cards. I used card stock and decorative paper I had on hand. I did buy some in the after Xmas sales at Michael's on Boxing Week last year, and I bought some Christmas sentiment stamps from Amazon when they had a summer sale, but besides tape, glue  and more blades, I used what I had already.  I re-used Amazon boxes and brown packing paper to pack up the mailed gifts. I didn't have any brown paper rolls for wrapping the boxes, so I used old rolls of wrapping paper with the patterned side inside and the plain white backing exposed. One box was old wedding gift wrapping paper, which probably won't even get a glance. But another one is a very bright pink Disney Princess birthday wrap which will never go unnoticed. It should be good for a chuckle though. I was hoping to have everything wrapped this weekend, but some of the gift baskets will have to wait until closer to Christmas Eve. Those will be for local delivery...by yours truly.

I hung my outdoor lights as you know, but did not turn on the timers until today. I may have saved a little electricity. I received a notice from Hydro saying I am doing better than my most efficient neighbours. I would like to keep that up.

My son and his fiancee did not come for dinner this weekend. They will be very busy with preparations as well. I was going to cook up a tray of chicken breasts with  10 Things Chicken spice mix that Nathalie has provided a link to in her blog, some mashed turnip and broccoli. Since they are defrosted, I will still cook them all up, cut up the meat and freeze some of it. The turnip I will gladly eat over the next few days. I took one of the steaks I bought at the last grocery shop and simmered it into a nice meaty soup broth, which will be lunches  this week. I still have meat in the freezer, but the fresh veggies are pretty much finished. That means a grocery shop tomorrow, I suspect. Last night I took the last two remaining zucchini and put it through the spiralizer my daughter ordered for me. I sauteed the zoodles in butter, leeks, the last of the mushrooms and garlic. So, so yummy! I will definitely be making more of those.

This week my goal is to clean house and decorate inside. I will get my tree put up. My appointment for having my snow tires put on is this Wednesday afternoon. I will pick up the last items I need to wrap up the Christmas baskets, hopefully, and I may get a few things baked for giving away. Fingers crossed. I would love to have a few days where I can relax before the Big Day. No photos today. I made all those cards and didn't think to take any pictures. AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment