Friday, December 29, 2017

Testing Out Blogger on Android

So why are you getting two tests from Android? This one did NOT work at all. The only reason it is here is because I was able to capture the post I wrote and send it as an email to myself. The photos did not transfer at all. I can tell you that my next "lesson" will be how to use the camera. I don't know why these pictures are all out of focus, but there definitely is a lot I have to learn. Practice, practice, practice. So here is the first post I wrote that I was sure was going to work, but didn't. They were written from two different apps, so I guess I am learning. BUT, it has taken me all day. Again, on the plus side, I have discovered that I can comment on the comments written on my blog posts, which I was unable to do on the Blackberry.
 
This post is two-fold. I am posting from the tablet with photos I took this morning of some Christmas gifts I received. I warned you I was going to do this. The first photo shows a picture of  candles and pinecones that I received from another friend of mine. With a switch on the side of the frame, the candles flicker. Because it isn't really a Christmas scene, I believe I can leave it up on my wall all through the winter. I LOVE IT. 


From my son and his fiancee, we agreed to only give each other stockings. Have I mentioned this is my favourite part of Christmas Morning?  I received some craft items to add to my card making stash, including two new stamps (this is a nod to my husband who always filled my stocking with card making supplies because he knew he couldn't go wrong with any of his choices) I got more chenille socks which you might remember I use as bed socks. The two bags contain shells and polished rocks which I use in making up my potted plants.  I also received the felted piece of art  with the beading in the corner from the fiancee, who is an artist. 

Besides my Android tablet, the family from Vancouver also gave me some stocking stuffers. I got a new coffee mug, post-its,  body lotions,  foot massager,  more chenille socks and a lovely warm shawl which I have been wearing constantly since.


From my daughter and her family, I received a gift card to Michael's to feed my addiction, and I also got a new product to try called Footner.

I soaked my feet on Boxing Day morning and put on these wet booties for one hour. In 5-10 days, my feet are supposed to shed their skin like a snake and new soft feet are supposed to stand in their place. It sounds horrible, but I will let you in the verdict. It can't hurt. 

I will stop here because I don't know if this post is even working. I HAVEN'T  figured out how to insert pictures in the body of the text, and perhaps I can't. I would just like to know how I can take pictures of my cruise and send them on my blog or will I have to wait until I get home to do it.

4 comments:

  1. It worked and the pictures ARE in the body of the text as if you had written your post on your computer! You're getting the hang of it!

    I loved seeing your gifts. The shawl is such a good idea. Everything is, obviously your people know you well. I absolutely love that picture with the flickering light that you turn on. It's magical! It must look beautiful as the sun goes down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it didn't work. My first paragraph explains that I had to capture the post and send it to myself in order to cut and paste to Blogger on my desktop computer. The photos did not transfer at all, so I had to mail those photos separately and capture them into my photo documents. That is the only way I could post this blog. It came from my desktop.

      Delete
  2. It looks like the app works, Susan, because your post is here and the pictures are in the body of the text.

    I loved seeing all the gifts your family gave you, especially the shawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it didn't work. See my reply to Nathalie's comment above. But the good news is that the first post you got yesterday DID come from a different app on the tablet. But all the photos come at the top of the text. Anyways, I don't plan on using the tablet to blog much. When I go on the cruise, however, I should be able to write a bit and share photos.

      Delete