Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Beginning of a Work Week

Monday turned out to be a hot one....very sunny and very warm. The front of the house faces south and receives all day sun. My carpenter friend told me that he prefers to work alone, so I let him at it. I stayed out front though so I was available to run for materials. I had to look beside the shed for J-channel for the vinyl siding (found some), some roofing nails, (good thing I cleaned up those shelves inside), and a caulking gun for the clear silicon I bought the other day. I was another pair of hands to hold the measuring tape and lift the deck joists into place. So while I was out front, I weeded the front flower beds and dug out the weeds from the gravel driveway. I also planted up my two hanging baskets. I picked up my new coconut planter mats I ordered from the Home Hardware store in town on Saturday, used geraniums and some trailing vine I over-wintered inside and added a couple of wave petunias. I think they will be lovely when they fill out.



When he left at 3:30, I desperately wanted to mow the lawn, but I was exhausted working in the sun all day and I ached all over. So I came inside for the day. I face-timed with my daughter and my grandson. She has not been receiving my latest posts by email, and a friend at the birthday party on Sunday said the same thing, so I emailed them both a link. My daughter was concerned because she didn't know about what happened with the baby raccoons "trapped" inside my attic. I also had to figure out why my emails were not coming in to my desktop computer, so I fixed that problem. Everything is fine now and I am able to send photos again.  However, I find I am not receiving notifications of comments coming on the posts, so I am having to check each evening to see if anyone has left a comment on my blog.  ( *waving* at Bless.)  Supper was warmed up chicken and veggies at 7 PM, and I went up to bed at 10 PM. Maybe I can cut grass this morning before the carpenter comes???
My front flower bed with Snow-in-Summer and some flowers, finally, planted in the urn.



2 comments:

  1. Definitely a busy start to your week! Your front flower bed looks lovely! I like that snow-in-summer, a lot! And, is that a drift of forget-me-nots next to the urn? Very pretty!

    I, too, am not receiving notifications of comments! Since Thursday, I believe. I went to the setting and re-entered my email address, but it doesn't seem to help. So, I, too, have to check blogger, every day, to see if there are comments. I suppose something changed on Blogger, itself? I don't know enough about computers and my daughter couldn't figure it out, either, so, we'll just have to muddle through, I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are forget-me-nots under the urn. After the Snow-in-Summer loses its blooms, it is time for me to rip out at least half of it....more if I could. It will replace itself by next Spring.

    The first thing that happened with Blogger (a few months ago after Nathalie had taken a break) was that I suddenly stopped getting any notifications that Nathalie was back writing her daily posts. I just happened upon the fact when I went over to see if she might have written a Daybook Monday, and found that she had been writing for over a week. I mentioned it to her and she checked into it for me but couldn't find a reason for why the notifications had stopped. Now suddenly, in the past week, I am not getting any notifications of any comments being made on my blog. You're right. We will just have to live with it, I guess. My family will just have to keep checking my blog to see if I have posted.

    ReplyDelete