Monday, May 14, 2018

Daybook: Monday, May 14/18

Outside my window.....it is another bright and sunny day. The flowers are coming up gangbusters and so is the grass. It needs mowing.....again.

I am thinking.....of the wonderful Mother's Day weekend I just had.  I stayed in Bradford for two sleepovers on Friday and Saturday nights. I "helped" with some of the birthday preparations for the party on Saturday and I stayed over until my grandson's actual birthday on Sunday, because it appeared to be important to him that I be there on the actual day he turned seven. I left just after 8 AM, and stopping for a short while in Napanee for a few extra groceries, I was home by noon. After lunch I lay down and slept for 3 hours before getting ready to have dinner at my son's and his fiancee's place. (Tuscan salmon with fresh green beans, followed by a fruit salad for dessert. Yum)

I am thankful for.....a safe drive on the 400 highways to and from Bradford.

From the kitchen.....I made my two egg omelet this morning with onion, zucchini and shredded cheese. I have taken out pork chops to defrost for dinner tonight.

I am wearing.....tan capris and a dark brown short-sleeved blouse, no socks but slippers on my feet.  My hair (which desperately needs a trim) is fastened in a bun.

I was creating.....this past weekend, a birthday card for my grandson and a birthday card and parcel for my Dad's birthday next weekend.  I took these things for my Dad and the finished memory book for my Mom over to my son's place so he can deliver them personally when he drives up there this coming weekend.

I am going.....nowhere today. At least I have no plans for going out. Lately my plans of combining errands has not been working out very well because of the urgency of needing to get things done asap. I need to get back to better planning on my part.

I am hoping.....that my daughter-in-law finds the help and inner strength to get through her cancer treatments that have begun with a vengeance.

I am hearing.....only occasional traffic noises (which I normally block out) and the tapping of the computer keys. It is very quiet here, but I am grateful for my sense of hearing that allows me to enjoy life to the fullest.

Around the house.....I have hung up two loads of laundry outside on the line and  emptied the dishwasher that I filled before leaving the house on Friday. I need to start pulling weeds in the back gardens, mow the lawns, and continue to plan for the upcoming yard sale. My floors need to be vacuumed and mopped very badly. I could also plant my geraniums that I over-wintered inside and get them out of the house to free up more space. All my indoor plants need watering again.

One of my favourite things.....is my outdoor clothes line. I love hanging my laundry out and I will miss that if  I move to an apartment.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include mailing out another card to my DIL, go to the lab for more blood work before making my next appointment with my GP (She wanted to see me mid-May), and work on my goals list for this week.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
Beautiful potted Mums from my son and his fiancee. I will plant them in my garden in a few weeks so I may enjoy a second bloom in the Fall.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Mother's Day weekend, Susan. How sweet that your grandson wanted you there on this actual birthday! The potted mums are lovely! They'll do well in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the very best Mother's Day weekend, Bless. I face-timed my son in Vancouver as well. He received his birthday gift on Friday. I had only mailed it out to him on Monday afternoon, so that was fantastic delivery.

    Yesterday (Monday) was a beautiful day outdoors, so I spent it outside working in the garden. My sore muscles today are proof that I worked hard. Ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete