Monday, May 28, 2018

Daybook: Monday, May 28/18

Outside my window.....which is left open today to let in some breeze, the weather is trying to make up its mind about whether or not it wants to be sunny or overcast today. It was sunny when I arose at 8 AM, but has since clouded over. The lawn that was cut on Thursday afternoon, needs to be mowed again. More weeds need to be pulled. I am expecting my friend to come sometime this morning to begin work on the front stoop, and of course I will be required to give him a hand.

I am thinking.....of the wonderful day I had yesterday at Charleston Lake. I left my house at 8:15 AM and didn't get back until 10:30 PM. We set everything up for a BBQ birthday party and the weather co-operated until after everyone had eaten, after which the party moved indoors.

I am thankful for.....my friend's help in getting lots of work done outside the house because I cannot get it done myself.

From the kitchen.....I can barely get my meals made and the dishes cleaned up afterwards.

I am wearing.....blue jeans and a working t-shirt (stained and paint spattered). I f I am to work with lumber outside, I need to wear protective clothing on my legs and feet.

I am creating.....nothing for a while. Last week, I finished my embroidery project for my son's fiancee, a couple of new cards,  and I made a memory book for a friend's birthday. It turned out really nice.

I am going.....nowhere planned today, unless I need to pick up some more building supplies.

I am hoping.....that I can get my riding lawn mower picked up by the small engine repair shop so they can fix the broken starter and get the mower in working condition again.

I am hearing.....traffic noises and the conversations of high school kids walking past the house.

Around the house.....so much needs doing that I don't know where to start first. I will let the day unfold naturally.

One of my favourite things.....is cottage cheese. It makes a great lunch or quick snack with no preparation required. I just love it.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include helping out with the build of the front deck. I can stay outdoors and weed while I wait to help out as a gopher or a second pair of hands. A dumpster is arriving Thursday, so we will be busy at that point in filling it with as much as possible. The lawns need mowing again and I have groceries to pick up some time this week.

Here's the picture I am sharing..... (no photo today) It was going to be a photo of my snow-in-summer, which is in bloom, but I am having trouble accessing my email from my desktop right now.


2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful day, Susan, and the deck building goes well. Sounds like you'll have another busy week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It looks like another very eventful week ahead. There always seems to be work to do. While my friend worked on building the deck, I stayed out front pulling weeds in the flower beds and then in my driveway so I would be close at hand. I had to run for tools and hardware, and a couple of times I was an extra set of hands.

    ReplyDelete