Friday, October 26, 2018

Christmas Cards



I know. It isn't even Halloween yet and I am talking about making Christmas cards. But if any of you follow any of those "Getting Ready for an Organized /Frugal Christmas" blogs, then you know that you should have at least one sixth of your cards signed, addressed and stamped at the end of this week. There are only 5 weeks left until the first of December. I have roughly 60 plus cards to make and send out, so I presently have 12 finished. The four up top follow the same card map or design, but each are a little different in the kinds of paper and embellishments I used. You may recognize some of the stamped images that I coloured before I left for my trip up north.
These four follow a different card map. I always make sure I do my grand kids, nephews and nieces cards first. I like to make cards for the younger ones before I start on the cards I will make for my family and friends.
At this point, I decided to make only 2 cards for each design. This year I hope to use up more of my stash of Christmas papers and let them form the basis of my designs. But as you can see, I am still using my stamps and die cuts in some of them.

So that is all I did today....that and answer some emails and read some blog posts. I think tomorrow I shall get some housework done -maybe some vacuuming, taking out the trash and compost, straighten up a bit. I need to do something before I become overwhelmed by it all. Hope you all have a great weekend. Got any plans?

2 comments:

  1. Susan, I just love your cards! All that cutting and matting and embellishing! Those who receive them must treasure them! You know I am going to copy some of those layouts, don't you? I don't stamp, so I'll have to figure out something else, using only the scrapbooking paper that I have.

    We are supposed to have 1/6 of all our cards ready to mail out by the end of this week? What? Well, I still have most of the box of cards I bought last year for $1, so, at least I have some cards on hand! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why I torment myself in this fashion. What started out as "sending Xmas cards to the grand kids" has morphed into this obligation to make ALL of my Christmas cards. It is a make work project for myself, as if I had to go looking for it.

    ReplyDelete