Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Daybook: Tuesday, Oct. 16/18

Outside my window.....it is a beautiful mainly sunny day. I am longing to go outdoors to work because I haven't been able to for several weeks, but I have to leave for an appointment in less than an hour. It is the reason I chose to go to Elliot Lake for a very short visit last week after Thanksgiving.  I will keep my fingers crossed that we get a few more days like this before the snow flies. I experienced a day of snow flurries last week while I was away.

I am thinking.....that the month is flying by so quickly. I should be mailing out my Halloween cards today on my way out of town. I am so thankful that they are already done.

I am thankful for.....a safe trip up north. I drove up last Tuesday from Smith Falls, following closely behind my Dad and "Dee" (8 hrs. driving and a one hour lunch break) and came home yesterday a different way. (8 hours driving and two hours break at my daughter's house in Bradford to see the grand kids very briefly) It poured rain for 4 1/2 hours, followed by very strong winds and blowing leaves, and 1 1/2 hours of darkness.

From the kitchen.....there is nothing going on. I had some cottage cheese last night for dinner at 7:30 that "Dee" had packed up for me before I left yesterday morning at 8:30   I went to bed early.

I am wearing.....black jeans, a long sleeved ivory coloured t-shirt, and black socks.

I am creating.....nothing yet, but I have to finish some more Xmas projects, some card sets and I was able to find more Advent calendar items for the grand kids while I was away. They need to be wrapped.

I am going.....to the dietician's office for two hours this afternoon. I need to pick up some dairy and frozen veggies on the way home. I will stop at the Post Office on my way in.

I am hoping.....to catch up on emails and blogs this week, and respond to them.  I am always so busy when I am away.

I am hearing.....the blower of the furnace, (I have had it on since the first of October) and lots of traffic noise outside the house.

Around the house.....I need to tackle the last three windows downstairs. I need to cut the grass at least once more. I need to vacuum and dust all through the house. I would like to pull more weeds and lay down some mulch. I definitely need to bring in my repotted geraniums to overwinter starting this week.

One of my favourite things.....is my van which can still take me where I need to go.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include my appointment this afternoon, a trip to pick up some groceries, and perhaps an appointment made for the end of October to get a tune-up and have my winter tires put on.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....(nothing). I drove through some of the best autumn colours I have ever experienced and did not take one single photo. The weather while I was in Elliot Lake was inclement. I admired the colours, but did not think of stepping out in the snow, rain, wind to capture the moment. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a safe trip, Susan. Welcome back home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I am very glad I had a safe trip home. It was kind of a white-knuckled drive through the rain, wind and darkness.

      Delete