Wednesday, October 24, 2018

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I started my day with dividing the ground beef I bought yesterday into 3 pound sections and freezing. I also put the 3 chicken legs with backs attached into my crockpot with 2 quarts of water. This way I get a nice chicken broth for making soup and I have some cooked chicken meat to make up into other dishes.

I wanted to take a break from making cards, so I decided to wrap as many of the small Advent calendar gifts as I could. Anything that is flat (books, stickers) or anything that comes in a box of its own can be wrapped up with Xmas wrapping paper.  I need to get some card stock from Michaels that is already pre-printed with a Christmas design. There wasn't any the last few times I was there and there may not be until after Halloween, so I made a couple with just plain coloured card stock.  I was able to put one gift inside a cardboard tube and wrap it. I made the green pillow box and added stickers and ribbon. I made a green pyramid box for another and a Lego box for yet another. It doesn't matter what colour card stock I use for the Lego, as it comes in all colours. The dots were punched out of craft foam.  But the majority of gifts are  small items that need to have containers made especially for them. It would be so much easier on me if I could use Christmas card stock. Then I wouldn't need to wrap everything.  Above are just a few of the gifts I managed this morning.

Then this afternoon, I started my 6th Christmas project. I am half finished it already but I can't show you what I am doing until after Christmas.  If I work a little bit making gifts every day, and not wear myself out, I should get it all done. Anyone else making Christmas gifts this year?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Susan, you are already wrapping your gifts! I love to wrap gifts, but, last year, I put most of my gifts in gift bags!

    I hope you find the printed card stock that you are looking for. If not, could you stamp some solid colored card stock, instead? Or, use stickers?

    I started making some gifts and then took a break. Need to get back to making more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I did make SOME packaging yesterday with coloured card stock and decorated with stickers. AND, I am sure the kids won't mind if ALL the presents come in coloured boxes with stickers. They only tear them open anyways *laugh* It is just me who wants the variety of wrappings. This morning, I made some white boxes (with white card stock)and wrapped with Christmas wrapping paper. That would work as well....it would save me some money.

    ReplyDelete