Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Week is Over Already??

But I just got back. How did that happen? I wrote on Tuesday and indicated a few plans for the week and now time is up. Let's see how I did.

On Tuesday I was on my way out to an appointment. It is a 12 member group workshop for cravings and "food addictions" and how to change your behaviour (which my doctor thought would be helpful to me). Yes, I am eating healthier, but my behaviour towards food has not changed. When I reach the end of the day, I eat and I don't stop eating until I go to bed. This workshop goes on for another 2 2-hr sessions this month, with a workbook and a folder full of handouts, and homework. I have not yet cracked open the workbook (mainly because it is just another thing I have to do), but I will take it seriously.  After the workshop, I stopped at No Frills and bought a few grocery items, before stopping at the Hardware store to buy a huge bag of potting mix.

So very sorry for the poor photo quality. I don't know why I bother. I still have not got used to taking pictures with my tablet. It was just so easy with my Blackberry. Anyways, there are 3 containers of yoghurt, 3 bags of frozen veggies and a cabbage. In the back of the stove you may notice a large pile of Swiss Chard that my BIL gifted me before I left Elliot Lake the day before.  I used some of the greens as a veggie one night. I made a mixture of ground meat and cauliflower rice and rolled a big tablespoon of the mixture inside a Swiss chard leaf (like a cabbage roll), baked in the oven with some of my sister's homemade tomato sauce (without sugar added). There were enough for two large dinners this week and they were so yummy.

I have used up the whole bag of potting mix to repot my 12 geraniums and have since brought them inside to overwinter. I have also cut both the front and back lawns. I do have to move the gravel that is still left in my driveway; but as far as the garden beds go, they will probably wait until Spring. I have run out of warm weather and winter is definitely coming. I found enough sunny weather and warmish conditions this week to do up two BIG loads of laundry outside on the line.

I mailed out the Halloween cards this week. Thank goodness  I had those all complete several weeks ago. I gave out my Halloween cards to the intended recipients during the Thanksgiving weekend two weeks ago. Here  are the poor quality photos of those cards.

I have not been a domestic goddess this week. I have cooked for myself, changed out the bed linens, and caught up on my laundry, but for the most part I planted myself at the dining room table since Wednesday and just made cards for the gift sets I plan on giving at Christmas. I accomplished quite a bit in that regard. I made an appointment for the end of this month to have my winter tires installed, and my social calendar for November is filling up quickly. I took up three  bags of  Christmas gifts to Elliot Lake, so that is done. I have most of the kids' Advent calendar gifts bought, but not wrapped yet. I still have Xmas cards to make and I need to still work on my Christmas projects. (I only have four of them done). I have mostly caught up with my emails and other peoples' blogs.

All in all, I guess I haven't done too badly since I returned. Hope you all had a good week and a restful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy and productive since your return! Lots of gardening done! And those cards are lovely!

    The eating workshop you attended sounds interesting. I'd be interested to know what type of homework you have to do.

    I've been busy preparing for the prayer gathering. I have a little more food to put away (taking a bit of a break, right now, because my feet and legs hurt!). I handwashed a lace table cover that my mother had crocheted as someone spilt a cup of tea on it. The rest of the table linen, etc., will be washed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My homework was to read through all the handouts and the workbook and think about it through the week to determine which triggers we could recognize for overeating and strategies that might work for us individually.

      Delete