Thursday, October 4, 2018

Getting Ready For a Long Weekend

I never mentioned yesterday that I had slept in until ten o'clock in the morning. And I was sleeping soundly. The day was already half gone when I sat down at the computer and wrote my blog post which was to catch you up on all the goings-on here at my house.  I guess I had also been trying to catch up on sleep. It was yet another wet and overcast day (no sun since Saturday), so after I posted on-line, I moved to the dining room table and started making some card sets. I plan on making at least 3 sets of cards....one of all birthday cards and two sets of all-occasion cards.  I managed to make 2 birthday cards and 4 occasion cards during the afternoon. That wasn't bad. After supper, I finished my third Christmas project. I am taking photos as I finish each one up so that after Christmas I can show you what I have been working on.

This morning I was up at 6:30 and picked up all the trash from the rest of the house and got my garbage out at the curb for 7 AM.  Since I had finished all three Xmas projects that I had prepared, I got busy and prepared four more.  It was pouring down rain again this morning so I figured I needed to keep working on my projects if I had to stay indoors anyway. Well, at 11:30 the sun came out and it got very warm outside. I knew my garden would be a mud pit, so I decided to stay inside and continue working on Christmas presents. I am sure things dried up well today, so maybe tomorrow I can venture out. I am doing up some laundry tonight before bed, so I hope it stays lovely out so I can hang my laundry on the line tomorrow morning.
Dinner tonight is a veggie casserole made with a cream cheese sauce and chunks of ham over cauliflower rice.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got some extra sleep the other day! And you are being so productive while it is raining! I am hoping to get some holiday gifts done this weekend. I have a couple of projects in mind - just have to sit down and work on them! Your dinner looks good - I have some cream of chicken soup - I should make a rice casserole, myself. Thanks for the menu idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that the projects I picked to work on are going as quickly as they are. I was afraid that I had waited too long to start them. I am hoping that your homemade gifts will do up quickly and easily as well. You sew and knit up such beautiful things, I am wondering if it is something along those lines. I guess I will have to wait as well to find out.

    ReplyDelete