Monday, October 29, 2018

Daybook: Monday, October 29/18

Outside my window.....it is wet and overcast, but rain is better than snow which is what I woke up to yesterday morning. This morning, there are two surveyors working directly across the road from me.

I am thinking.....of my appointment at Canadian Tire in about an hour to have my snow tires put on. I made the appointment after I got back from Elliot Lake. I will use this errand into town to check Michael's for Christmas card stock. I also need more printer paper and I would also like to visit the Dollar Tree for a couple of items.

I am thankful for.....all the phone calls I made and received over the weekend. I like to keep in touch with family members.

From the kitchen.....I made my usual 2-egg omelet this morning with zucchini and shredded cheese.

I am wearing.....blue jeans and a thin knit gray sweater and black socks.

I am creating.....mostly handmade Xmas cards and some Christmas gifts.  I say mostly handmade because this year I have used some  die cuts to embellish some cards. I will show you some later on.

I am going.....into town this morning to run some errands.

I am hoping.....to get my parcels mailed out to Vancouver early this month. The Post Office is set to go on strike. Right now they are slowing the mail down as a strike tactic, so I need to get my mail out in case they end up going full-on work stoppage.

I am hearing.....the blower on my furnace.

Around the house.....I took out all the trash, recycling and compost. I also watered my indoor plants and vacuumed both the upstairs and downstairs rooms over the week-end. The rooms are still cluttered but I hope to do a deep clean when I get ready to decorate for the season.

One of my favourite things.....is my small 8 inch fry pan which is the perfect size to make my omelets.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include my cravings workshop tomorrow afternoon. It is the third in the series. A fourth one will be announced for a month after tomorrow.  Wednesday is Halloween. This Saturday, I will be meeting a group of ladies in Red Lobster to celebrate a friend's birthday.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....Sunday morning.



2 comments:

  1. It's beginning to look a lot like...winter?!! Snow! Brr!

    Sounds like you had a very productive weekend. I hope you find your Christmas card stock at Michael's today. I've avoided going to Michael's - I've been telling myself I don't need anything from there!

    Hope you have a good start to your week, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you just KEEP telling yourself that!!! It is a dangerous place to go. I seem to lose all sense of control when I am in there. I did go in with a list (I will have you know) but somehow, I walked out of the store with so much more. UGH.

      Delete