Friday, March 29, 2019

Beach Day

So apparently on the last Friday of the month, there is a theme day at the elementary school that my grand kids attend. Today they could dress as though they were having a day at the beach. It is still winter here, so that kind of limits their wardrobe. My grandson wore a souvenir t-shirt I gave him 2 years ago after I returned from Cuba. He also wanted to wear a pair of shorts, but obviously that was out of the question. His mom did allow him to wear a baseball cap and sunglasses however. He has a hood on his jacket to pull up, and a pair of mitts in his pockets, if he gets cold at recess. The day is very sunny and it will probably warm up quite a bit by afternoon.....still not warm enough for shorts however. 

Apparently, I was supposed to change my password on my email server before I left town. As a result, I have been locked out of my email account. I haven't got my password with me. It's safely locked up at home, so I am kind of stuck without email until I return. To those who haven't heard from me in a while, note that I only have access to Facebook messenger and text by phone.

My daughter had to take my grand daughter into the hospital again today, which was an unexpected 5th consecutive trip this week. On Wednesday, they both had to stay in for an extended stay and eventually returned at seven o'clock that night because a transfusion was needed. My grandson and I had dinner alone. He had spaghetti with tons of parmesan cheese because he loves it (that isn't weird?), and I had shredded cabbage again. Today was just going to be a quick check up for my grand daughter, but unfortunately they determined another transfusion was needed. She has to have another procedure done at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto on Monday, so they want her to be stronger. I can already see where I may be needed here until after Tuesday because of schedule conflicts. No one is kicking me out yet. I guess I haven't outworn my welcome. Ha. But my grand kids do NOT like what I am cooking for myself. My dinners even SMELL weird. Funny, I think they are delicious.

2 comments:

  1. That's cute that the school has a theme day on the last Friday of the month! I bet the kids look forward to that.

    Too bad about your password - guess you'll have a lot of emails to go through when you get home! Unless you can do a "forgot my email" thing and get a temporary password and then, change your password?

    I'm sorry your grand daughter is having to undergo more transfusions I hope the procedure on Monday goes smoothly. I am keeping her in my prayers, as well as you and the rest of your family.

    I can definitely see you being a much needed part of the household for several more days to come. Too funny about your grand kids' opinion of your food! I can just imagine the conversation at meal times! LOL!

    I hope the weekend ahead will be a good one for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No unfortunately it isn't an easy fix to my password problem. Because I did not change my password in a timely fashion, my account has been locked. When I go back, I will have to phone the IT Dept at the university and get some assistance in going in to reset the account. My fault.

    Right now I am able to type this reply because the kids have built a fort in the living room with chairs, pillows and blankets. They are quietly watching cartoons on their tablets while lying inside. I can't imagine them falling asleep....just resting before the next vigorous game they can conjure up. Weekends are particularly gruelling. LOL. It is fun trying to keep up, but I will sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete