Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A Cool and Rainy Day

We received more of that lovely rain overnight and all of today, and with it came much cooler temperatures. I decided not to work outside moving sand over at my dad's house. I stayed home and wrote notes to two of my grand kids,  inside those cute little cards I showed you yesterday. The Township office phoned to get my grocery order, but they won't be able to deliver until tomorrow. Once I was done the phone call, I was free to run the vacuum cleaner. I vacuumed through the house upstairs this morning before lunch and downstairs in the rec room this afternoon. I was also able to finish a sorting job that I had put aside, so I am feeling good about having got caught up with a couple of chores that were bugging me. I did not nap.

There are lots of concrete blocks in the back of my van that still have to be taken out and put somewhere, but I should have time to do that tomorrow. The meter exchange is supposed to take place tomorrow morning and then I will have to stay here for the grocery delivery, but if it is still early enough in the day, I could go over to my dad's to fill a few more wheel barrow loads of sand.

Yesterday morning I thought I might have chicken with stir-fried veggies, but as dinner hour approached I changed my mind as I often do, and I baked the chicken instead with cauliflower in a cream cheese sauce. Yesterday just seemed to call for comfort food. Tonight it was keto chili con carne (without the beans) topped with yoghurt and shredded cheese, with a green salad on the side.

Roasted chicken thighs with broccoli in cream sauce.

Today seemed to pass by very quickly. Have a quiet evening everyone and sweet dreams.

3 comments:

  1. I have to write a post script already. I said I made cauliflower in cream sauce. Does that look like cauliflower to you? I must be tired, not having my nap today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen green cauliflower before so I was buying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha,ha. I eat so much cauliflower I am thinking like one.

      Delete