Monday, June 1, 2020

I Guess That Was Summer

As you know, we skipped right over Springtime from winter straight into a summer heat wave. In my last post I admitted to finally turning on the central air and hoping for rain to cool things down a bit and water the newly planted garden, which the squirrels treated as a smorgasbord. It was good to see the rain over the weekend, but the precipitation was brought in by a COLD front. How cold was it? Well I had set the AC for 75 degrees in the house, but the inside temperature never got above 65 degrees. I wore a corduroy shirt yesterday. It would have been great outdoor working temperatures but it was constantly showering, followed by sunny breaks, interrupted by more showers. I would bring out my tools from the shed and then quickly have to take them inside again, so I gave up.

Friday I pretended to be a domestic goddess. I picked things up and put them away. I brought out the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed, followed by wet mopping the floors. The rooms actually looked larger when I was done. There is still more that could be done, but I was pleased. I did three loads of laundry because I changed my bed sheets. My intention was to wash up the winter quilts and comforters as well, and change out for my summer bedspread, but after this weekend, I am holding onto the blankets for a little while longer, just in case last week turns out to be our summer. Ha.

Saturday I spent in the kitchen. I baked a keto loaf, fried a package of bacon, and sauteed a shredded cabbage to use this week. I also made the Buffalo Chicken casserole that Anne posted about the day before (so yummy), so I just needed to heat it up after the Trivia game that night. My youngest brother and his wife have joined the club, and because our membership had grown, he has put us on Zoom (on his corporate account) so we can accommodate more people now.

Yesterday (Sunday) after preparing my taxes with my brother (nothing like waiting until the last possible deadline), I spent the rest of the day watching a Virtual Open House at Ecstasy Crafts, which is a small crafting warehouse located just outside where I used to live, and where I still buy crafting supplies on-line. They had quite a few demonstrations and on-line classes. While watching those, I worked on and finished my dishcloth that I had started earlier in the week.
This is the extent of my knitting skills, but it is relaxing. I'm hoping everyone had a lovely weekend. Has anyone made plans for this week? Can you believe we are into June?


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I hope you enjoyed summer while you had it! LOL. There was no pretending about it, Susan, you WERE a domestic goddess! You did a lot! I wish you would transfer some of that domestic goddess energy to me! I feel like a slug most days! It sounds like you've had a very busy and productive weekend. I like the colors on your knitted dishcloth and I love the crocheted table top under it! Did you make it?

    I don't have any specific plans for this week other than housekeeping, sewing, and gardening. But, I can't believe we are already in June! Here's to a good month ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cotton yarn is from Bernat (I ordered two skeins from Amazon), and the colour is Neptune. Quite a fitting name I think. No, I did not make the crocheted table runner. I cannot crochet to save my life. I have tried several times but have never had the knack for it.

    I got outside to work for a bit this afternoon. It was warmer, but breezy. It would have been a great day for working but I lost my mojo. So I came back inside to work on a birthday card that "Dee" asked me to make for her.

    ReplyDelete