Saturday, June 6, 2020

It's the Weekend

It might be that I was procrastinating, but yesterday I felt that I should stay in and work in the kitchen. It wasn't starting out as a nice day anyway, being very overcast and feeling like it could pour rain at any moment. So I started my day by making a batch of yoghurt. I was able to get whole milk this week in my grocery delivery. Once I had the yoghurt started, I brought out my food saver and wrapped each of the 5 chicken breasts.
Eww. What a messy counter. I guess I should have cleared it off before snapping a photo. 
Here are the chicken breasts vacuum sealed. I place a single paper towel inside to prevent the juices from being sucked into the machine. 
After those went into the freezer, I decided to make some keto buns. I still had some bread left, but I am enjoying sandwiches for lunch made from these. 
Because I am washing more laundry these days, I decided to grate a bar of soap and added a cup of borax and a cup of washing soda to make a supply of homemade laundry detergent. Only two tablespoons are needed in each load. 


By this time it was already 2 o'clock, so I made 2 buns with lettuce  and tuna salad before heading outside to screen more dirt for about an hour and a half. I didn't see much progress so I didn't take any pictures of that. I was tired though. After a supper of leftovers from the night before (farmer's sausage and cauliflower), I felt too tired to work on tonight's Trivia questions, so I saved that job for this morning. 

I just finished printing them out when "Dee's" brother arrived with a recliner chair and a kitchen table and chairs for me. I told them in the Fall that I would take them, and now they had arrived. It meant moving a few things around and putting them together myself, but they are in place now. I don't think there is room for one more stick of furniture. I also got an area rug which is still rolled up so I will not show that. I plan to steam clean that on the deck before I lay it down  either in my bedroom or downstairs in the rec room. Right now I am going to have a cup of tea before our game starts at 5:30. I hope everyone is having a wonderful relaxed weekend.
 This recliner is so comfy. It is replacing a green leather chair that used to sit here. That is now moved to the other end of the living area.
The kitchen table and chairs are sitting in the eating area of the kitchen that had nothing sitting here before. It came with a leaf and 6 chairs. I think I will move the extra 2 chairs right out of this room and store them elsewhere. I will also be on the lookout for round tablecloths. 



2 comments:

  1. Another busy and productive day! Thank you for showing the "messy" counters and keeping it real. :) I really like your new kitchen table and chairs. I have similar chairs for the table in the family room (my kitchen isn't big enough for a table and chairs), except mine are painted white. I hope you will be able to find round table covers for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha,ha. You are so welcome for keeping it real. Here it is on a Sunday evening, and I'm still keeping it real. I will have to put kitchen cleaning on my to-do list for tomorrow.

    I was outside again today moving soil and I still have no photo to show progress. There seems to be more rock on this side of the sidewalk, which is entirely likely because it is closer to the foundation walls. I have a very strong intuition that this year's garden bed is going to remain very small.

    ReplyDelete