Saturday, June 27, 2020

Busy Saturday Morning

This morning I was awake and having my first cup of coffee at 7 AM. I had my cheese and broccoli omelette earlier than usual because "Dee's" brothers were arriving from the Sault to install the hydraulic lift and take some measurements for the wooden deck and stairs over at my dad's house. "Dee" had planned on hiring a local contractor, but they really want to do this for her. But first, they were arriving at my house  so they could load up this wardrobe from my smallest bedroom and take it over to my sister's downstairs guest bedroom. I gained more real estate in that room and my sister has a closet space now to offer her guests. Now that the shower has been removed from this room and installed in my downstairs bathroom, I now have a closet in this room. Before they arrived, I pushed this unit right to the front door so they would not have to come into the house. They only had to move it from the front door to the truck. I removed the drawer and tied the doors shut with bungee cords. 
 I was able to prepare my 25 Trivia questions for tonight's game. I like to do that before doing anything else on Saturday. I took another garden ornament to the back yard to spruce it up a bit. The paint had really peeled off this little sculpture and it looked bad. I decided to just spray paint it all over with the same gray paint, so that it resembles a statue made from stone or concrete. It looks better now than it did.
I will keep it up on my front steps with a potted plant inside.

I got a phone call today from an old friend. We had a great gab fest and got all caught up. It was great to get in touch.

It was pretty warm today so I did not start digging out the front flower bed. Now that I have the extra concrete blocks, I thought I would expand the size of the front bed and get it ready for all those perennials that I hope to receive later in the season. Hoping everyone is well and wishing you all a great relaxed weekend.
 A peony from my sister's garden.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness! You managed to push that big wardrobe all by yourself to the front door? You are amazing!

    That garden ornament is really cute and the flower from your sister's garden is lovely!

    I hope you have a wonderful trivia night and a good day, tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Dee" had loaned me some sliders (as seen on TV) to put underneath. The sliders themselves kept falling off (it would have been easier with just having a towel underneath), but the tool for lifting the furniture in order to insert the sliders, is a great little invention. That was very much appreciated.

    Yes, isn't that peony lovely. It is one of my favourite flowers. I am so glad to have discovered I have one. It won't bloom this year (especially now that I have transplanted it), but hopefully next year. I didn't bury it too deeply and it seems to be thriving in its new location.

    ReplyDelete