Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Frugal happenings today and weekend update.


Shopper's Drug Mart  Gift card balance is $22.58
On Saturday we picked up 6 bunches of broccoli from Food Basics at 88 cents each for a total of $5.28. I don't have a photo because I processed the vegetables right away. I took some to my brother's house and the rest is already chopped and frozen. Total grocery spend to date is $198.91
We also made a shopping trip to Shopper's and used our gift certificate to buy 4 litres of skim milk, four litres of 2%, 2 loaves of bread and 2 dozen eggs.

 I also cut my husband's hair with the clippers, saving us the cost of a visit to the salon.

Mince with brown gravy, chili con carne and shepherd's pie

Today, I made freezer meals for the boys to have next week. There are roasts in the freezer, as well as pork chops and leftover turkey, so they won't starve. Tonight I have made a chicken stir fry over ramen noodles.

I picked up the garbage from all the bedrooms and put just one garbage bag at the curb this week. I also put out the Blue Box (cans, glass and plastic containers)

I took the kitchen compost out to the compost bin beside the garden.

I folded yesterday's laundry. I washed a super load of dark clothing and hung them outside on the line. I also stripped the beds and washed the sheets to put in the dryer tonight after 7 P.M. 

I forgot to mention that my Dad was released from hospital on Sunday. It was a case of severe gastro enteritis, but he is feeling so much better. And so am I, knowing that it wasn't more serious than it was. Have a great evening. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you that your dad is out of the hospital and feeling much better, yay! How has your hubby been feeling, by the way?

    You are so nice making meals for your men to eat while you're gone! I just fill the fridge and let Greg fend for himself, lol. He usually doesn't bother cooking and just warms up a can of soup. The fridge was full of leftovers today and I couldn't figure out what he had had for lunch and when I asked he just said "a can of soup." I guess figuring out what leftovers to eat and warming them up was just too much, hahaha.

    What an amazing deal on the broccoli! I think it was $1.89 or even more at Aldi today. Hopefully my broccoli will grow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will guarantee that there will be frozen meals left over. My Sweetie will also make soup or Kraft dinner or just a sandwich. It is just the idea that I left something for them to heat up.

    ReplyDelete