Thursday, October 1, 2015

Perennial hibiscus. Isn't this a gorgeous colour?

A friend of mine took her dog to the "Doggie Spa" this morning in Napanee. I went along for the ride. After dropping  the dog off at the groomers, we headed over to Denny's for their grand slam breakfast. MMMM-mmmm. We took a little drive into the country to see that the leaves are just starting to turn (sorry...no photos). We checked out Dollarama so I could get some more ideas for Advent calendar gifts, and I picked up a couple of items as well. 

When I got home, I discovered my husband went out as well. We were gifted this turkey from one of his friends, so I will cook it up tomorrow. I have no room in my freezer to hold this. That is fine by me, as we all love turkey here. I also got some FREEBIES in the mail today. I have a copy of Chatelaine magazine and a packet of washable markers from Crayola (another Advent present). 


I jumped right into the job of washing, peeling, coring, and slicing apples from the second plastic bag of Macintosh apples. I didn't quite get through half the bag, but my crockpot is full to the brim again. Applesauce is going to be easier for me to freeze because it cooks down quite a bit. I am using up the chicken stock I made this week to make a split pea soup for dinner tonight. It is sunny but cool today. Soup is going to feel so good. 



2 comments:

  1. Denny's was a favorite restaurant of my daughter's and mine. Ours closed a couple of years ago and I'm still trying to understand why because they were always packed. We really miss it!

    You got some great freebies today! A whole turkey! We love turkey too.

    Love the hibiscus! I always think of them as a tropical flower for some reason and didn't know they grew in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hibiscus that you have IS a tropical flower. We grow them as housplants indoors, but during the summer they can be transported in their pots to the outside. The hibiscus that I have shown are a perennial plant. They do overwinter.

    ReplyDelete