Monday, July 4, 2016

Day Book: July 4th, 2016

Happy 4th of July to our American friends. And to my Canadian friends and family, I hope your Canada Day was great fun. I certainly had a wonderful time.

Outside my window...... the sun is shining, the sky is cloudless and the temperatures are very warm already. It is supposed to remain hot all through the week, with only a chance of showers mid-week.

I am thinking.......that I need to get outside every day (if only for an hour) to weed out sections of my flower beds and/or my veggie garden. Everything is growing so quickly in the heat and soon my mornings will be filled with having to harvest, and there won't be time to do any weeding. This job is getting away from me.

I am thankful for....my good health.

From the kitchen....I can hear the sound of my dishwasher doing up another load of dishes from last night. I have already unloaded the clean dishes from last night and I had enough to do another load this morning. I made a roast chicken dinner with stuffing yesterday, as well as a couple of cookie sheets of dog biscuits to last the next two weeks. Yes, the dog is very spoiled. I had to buy a box of treats from the grocery this past week because we had run out.

I am wearing .......royal blue capris with a mismatched blue T-shirt.

I am creating.....more cards. I almost have ten "Thank you" cards made up for gifting to my friend who just celebrated a birthday on Canada Day. I didn't want to give them on Friday but I will see her tomorrow to take her to an appointment and grocery shopping. I only have one card left now in  my stash of birthday cards and I desperately need to replenish those.

I am going......nowhere today. My Sweetie is going into Kingston to buy a 75 foot PVC hose that is on sale for $20, to replace the one he broke on the weekend (by running over it with the riding lawnmower.) Crap.

I am hoping..... for the motivation, stamina, energy to get a lot accomplished this week.

I am hearing....the dishwasher. There isn't even enough breeze to move my wind chimes this morning.

Around the house.....I have so much stuff to get done, I don't know where to begin. I am drowning in to-do lists that are just too overwhelming.

One of my favourite things........all summer long is my umbrella clothesline. I love hanging out the laundry to dry outdoors. It takes longer to hang things, but the very action is very soothing. Things smell so fresh and clean.

A few plans for the rest of the week.......include picking up some specials from Food Basics when I chauffeur my friend tomorrow afternoon. I want to maintain a balance between crafting, outdoor work and housework this week.

Here is a picture I am sharing...... from the birthday potluck supper we enjoyed for my friend's birthday on Friday. She turned 60, so we all brought individually wrapped varieties of herbal tea....60 in all, for the gift basket. In the bottom of the basket are two new kitchen towels with Canadian maple leaves on them.



4 comments:

  1. The weeding is getting away from me too. I keep on looking at the weeds and thinking "tomorrow..." and then rinse and repeat. I pull one or two out from a planter but then I get really dirty fingernails and it irritates me.

    Kudos to you for doing your dishes. Every Day Book that you write always has a load of dishes going on and another one getting ready to be done. You're my dishwashing heroin! Mine are piled up in the kitchen. I should do them since Middle Son and GF decided to come visit for a little bit at the last minute but I think I'll just ban them from the kitchen.

    I like the idea of giving your friend the 60 bags of tea. What a fun, inexpensive, and useful idea! And your teapot cut-outs are darling.

    Have a nice and productive week! I'm enjoying a day of not doing much of anything, will try to be productive over the next couple of days, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a couple of hours out there this morning pulling weeds. A breeze picked up so it became much more comfortable working in the sun. However, eventually the mosquitoes drove me indoors. I feel I could sleep, but I will try to do some card making. I had to laugh when you said your fingernails get dirty. When I am done, I need a shower and a hair wash. My clothes can stand by themselves, they are so-o-o dirty.

      Delete
  2. I love the 60 bags of tea gift! And handmade cards are such an art. I don't personally have the patience to make them (I have other creative outlets) but I really appreciate them and the time that goes into making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy making scrapbooks and greeting cards. I lose all sense of time. Yes it is good to have hobbies. Nathalie says she is not crafty at all, but her creative outlets are through her baking, photography and writing. I do wish I could sew however.

      Delete