Monday, November 12, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Nov. 12/18

Outside my window.....it is dark at 5:40 PM.

I am thinking.....that perhaps if I sat down tonight to do a Daybook post, perhaps I would get into the spirit of writing. I have not been in the mood the last few days. My friend with brain cancer is in Palliative Care now. My next door neighbour had a heart attack last weekend and needed triple bypass surgery. My daughter's FIL had surgery recently for removing a cancerous tumour. There has been  so much illness and hardship around me lately, that sometimes I just want a break. But I will continue sending out cards of encouragement and hope some of that positivism will rub off on me.

I am thankful for.....having started my Christmas shopping and wrapping all those weeks ago.

From the kitchen.....my supper is in the oven. I am having a mix of stir fry vegetables (peppers, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, green beans, etc.) topped with cooked ground meat in a cream cheese sauce.

I am wearing.....blue denim jeans, a royal blue long sleeved v-neck t-shirt, and black socks.

I am creating.....a few gag gifts and I am continuing to produced more handmade Christmas gifts. I am taking photos so I can share after the holidays.

I am going.....nowhere tonight. I was out shopping today at Walmart, the Dollar Store and No-Frills grocery store.

I am hoping.....that I won't need to go out shopping in the stores again for Christmas stuff. I am so DONE with spending money. I just want to be able to clean my house and enjoy the decorating and the entertainment.

One of my favourite things.....is being able to relax in the evenings and watch some early Christmas movies that are starting to come out already.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include mailing out the shipping box that is ready to go to BC. I can start putting up my outdoor decorations, while it is still relatively "warm". (I won't be turning on the lights until after December 1st). I want to finish wrapping up ALL the presents and stocking stuffers this week. This weekend is the Amherst Island Christmas Craft sale, where we will buy back all the crafts we made last weekend. Ha,ha.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....


Today I spent $35.60 on some groceries. The rainbow peppers were only $1.97 for four, so I bought 2 packages. I paid only $2.47 for each tub of cream cheese, which was cheaper than no-name brands. The beef roast was on sale, so I picked it up for Christmas Eve dinner. My usual frozen veggies were sold out. Oh no! So I bought spinach (for my omelets), cut green beans and whole green beans. As a treat for myself I bought more frozen blueberries. I earned 4000 points with the frozen berries, frozen beans and roast beef.  That is $4 to add to my growing total.

2 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Susan. I am so sorry to hear about your friend; hopefully, your neighbor is recovering well, and your daughter's FIL will be OK. It's always something, isn't it?

    Sounds to me like you are quite ready for Christmas, right down to the roast for dinner. I hope you don't have to shop for any additional gifts! I'm glad you are taking photos; you know I am looking forward to seeing the different things you've made.

    Hope you have a good week ahead of you, Susan. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a chance and mailed out the shipping box to Vancouver. Keeping my fingers crossed. BC is on strike this week. Hopefully it won't take more than two weeks to move this parcel across the country. Normally, it would be there in one week.

    Today I took a break from making gifts and got almost everything wrapped up that I have so far...finished gifts and stocking stuffers. I still have to make boxes for the card sets I made a few weeks ago. As I finish up more of the gifts, I will wrap them right away.

    ReplyDelete