Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Spending Money

I left the house today in order to spend money. That is the main reason why I don't like to go out. I'd rather stay home.  First of all, I went over to Shopper's Drug Mart to buy some stocking stuffers to send off to Vancouver. Fortunately, I was able to spend some $30 worth of points to offset the costs a bit, AND I did find some items on sale. Secondly, I had to drive into Kingston to Staples Office Depot. This was not on my radar at all, but when I discovered this morning that I had run out of toner and I discovered I did not have enough printer paper for everything I need to accomplish this season, well......That was an unexpected, but necessary, expense.

So this afternoon I was wrapping again. My packages are ready to go out West, but as I was driving back home I noticed that the Postal workers in our area were picketing. Apparently, just now it is rotating strikes, but I wonder if I take a chance with the mail or do I send by courier? Hmmmm. I spent the rest of the afternoon, after lunch, wrapping 55 little bite-sized chocolate bars left over from Halloween. They will be used to make candy sleds this Saturday at our Crafting extravaganza. All this wrapping is cramping my fingers. Can one get carpal tunnel from too much wrapping? Ha.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Susan! That's a LOT of wrapping! Such tiny packages and so neatly wrapped, too!

    Yes, it's easy to spend money when we go out shopping, isn't it? At least you were able to use some of your points and you found some items on sale. So, that's good! :)

    Oh, a postal strike this close to Christmas can be worrying! How much more would it cost to send the items by courier? For me, that would be the deciding factor, I think.

    Good luck with all that wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I made the effort of wrapping all those little chocolate bars. It saved so much time, so we were able to get a lot more accomplished on Saturday. Next year I think I will also try to work ahead at home to prepare items for putting together on the Island. If I know ahead of time what we are going to make, it shouldn't be much trouble to prepare.

      Delete
  2. I bet those little wrapped candies will so adorable when you finish them! My hands are cramping just thinking about that delicate work. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it went very quickly. We made sleds with candy canes as runners and a large Kit Kat bar as the sled. The little "parcels" were loaded onto the sled, tied up with ribbon and topped with jingle bells. Very cute. Sorry I don't have a photo.

      Delete