Monday, November 26, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Nov. 26/18

Outside my window.....the snow is all gone, again. It has been raining the last 3 days and the grass is back to looking very green. I turned the timers on the outdoor Xmas lights for my grand kids coming this past weekend and have not turned them off yet. I will do that today when I go out.

I am thinking.....of the very short but wonderful visit I had with my daughter and SIL and the two grands on Friday night and Saturday.

I am thankful for.....their safe return home as they were driving in the rain that had the potential to become an ice storm.

From the kitchen.....there isn't a lot going on these days. I have been eating the leftovers up from the turkey roast and vegetables left over from Friday night.

I am wearing.....black jeans, black socks and a dark gray thin knit sweater.

I am creating.....nothing crafty this past week, save for a couple of note cards. I do have to make packages to hold the card sets I made for gifting, and I need to write and address the Christmas cards to go out at the end of this week. I am still trying to be optimistic about the mail getting through despite the postal workers grievances. I hope for a resolution soon.

I am going.....to pick up a friend tonight after work and take her over to another friend's house to pick up a cedar chest and bring it back to her place. I will probably take the opportunity to stop at No-Frills to pick up this week's specials and to the drug store to pick up a prescription that I am phoning in. 

I am hoping.....to accomplish most of the items on my To-Do list this week.

I am hearing.....the sound of tires on wet pavement outside. 
Around the house..... I need to start making some detailed to-do lists each day this week. I want to continue the deep clean of each room in the house, but mainly the kitchen.  I will bring in the tree and decorate this week, so I can wash the floors afterwards. I have to do my Christmas cards (and maybe a newsletter to include inside?)

One of my favourite things.....is my brand new keyboard that was gifted to me by my daughter and SIL.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include another birthday dinner for one of my girls' weekend ladies, tomorrow night. I was also scheduled to attend a follow-up meeting of the cravings workshop this week, but it has been postponed until January. So far, this coming weekend has not been booked for anything yet. I had something going on every weekend during the month of November.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
 Christmas poinsetta I bought for $3 at Freshco this past Thursday.
My Christmas cactus is starting to get blooms. A Norfolk pine is in the foreground. I will put bird ornaments on it this week.

4 comments:

  1. I love your Monday Day Book posts. :) It's very nice of you to help out a friend with her cedar chest. Sounds like you are going to have a busy, but fun-filled week, with a birthday party and tree decorating to look forward to. Hope the week ahead goes according to plans. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am getting a few items crossed off the list.....again, not as many as I envision, because I am always finding more chores to do before working on the ones I have scheduled. I may have to post my mile long list to keep me accountable. I washed the glass inside and out in my SIX French doors downstairs. I haven't used the Windex yet, but already they look so much better. We managed to move the cedar chest last night in the rain and the dark, so that is a big job done. I hope to get more done today, although I didn't crawl out of bed until 8:30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to get overwhelmed if I have a list showing everything I need to get done. I do have that list and add to it when I need to but in the meantime I try to break it down to a list for what I want to have accomplished by the next weekend.

    I usually either have my grandsons (10 and 5 on every other weekend) or go up to visit my other son (and granddog Heidi).

    If the weather is bad or it is too cold I just stay home in my apartment and try to catch up on cleaning and organizing. Needless to say, I enjoy visiting with my family more than cleaning so just put it off till the next time I have nothing going on! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually always have a list of things I feel need doing, but then I have a choice each day of what I actually FEEL like doing. Sometimes nothing on the list gets done, because other jobs present themselves and I do those instead. But I always have my main list that keeps me grounded. I hate doing housework. You can never, ever get everything done. I would much rather socialize or craft, but there are limits. ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete