Friday, November 16, 2018

Winter Has Arrived

We have snow......lots and lotsa snow. It started early last evening and has been coming down all day. I wish I had gone grocery shopping yesterday, but instead I was busy crafting. I don't have a radio or television on during the day, so I miss out on all of the news and forecasts. I didn't know this was coming. Otherwise, I would have taken a break from Christmas prep to go to a grocery store like I had thought about. Anyways, today I will make do. I used my last cup of milk yesterday making up some cream cheese sauce, so I made a small batch of instant powdered milk to have today for my coffee and tea. I am going into my pantry tonight for some tinned salmon which I will eat with creamed veggies. I do have a small roast of beef and lots of mashed turnip in the freezer, but I will put that in the crock pot tomorrow while I am over on Amherst Island for the day. The snow isn't that bad, but why go out on the snow covered roads if you don't have to?

I called in a prescription and will pick it up tomorrow when I do go out for groceries after the Christmas Craft and Bake sale on the Island. I was able to complete the last one of 12 Christmas gifts today. I have materials to make another two, but I have accomplished what I set out to do. I still have the month of December if I decide to work on the last two. Starting on Sunday, I will be ready to start cleaning and putting up decorations. I will probably put up the outdoor lights first before the snow gets too deep to get at the areas I want to work. I have a feeling that this snow is here to stay. There was enough snow to shovel out of the driveway, but I didn't feel like it. I have a one track mind when it comes to crafting. As long as we don't get more of the white stuff overnight, I should be okay to back out of the driveway.

Perhaps next week I will have some photos to share. As I clean up areas and put up my lights and garland, I will take pictures that I can post. It seems everything I am working on right now cannot be shared yet. But I have been very, very busy. Have a great stress-free weekend everyone. Stay warm and stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Snow! I'm sorry you couldn't go grocery shopping, yesterday, but, glad you can eat from the pantry until you grocery shop. Wow, you finished making all your Christmas gifts! Well done! Looking forward to seeing the decorations once you've put them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After returning from the Island yesterday I was able to pick up a few groceries, my prescription and my Avon order that came in on Friday. It was a long exhausting day, but it was a good time. When I arrived home, my dinner was waiting for me. I put a small beef roast in the crock pot and a container of mashed turnip out of the freezer in the morning, so when I walked in the door at the end of the day, voila.....dinner was ready.

    ReplyDelete