Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Working on My Christmas Goals

I have a list of people that I like to send encouragement cards to every week, including a note card to my mother. Since returning from up North, I have not been doing so well in that regard. I have been busy with other things. Today I decided to write up three of them and got them in this afternoon's mail pick-up. I also picked up my mail. In the past week, I have received 4 cards....all of them from children. My grandson sent two, my grand daughter sent one, and today I got a Halloween card from a nephew. I don't send them cards to receive cards, but it sure is a nice benefit. They always brighten my day.

I finished my seventh Xmas project last night and at the end of today, I have 50 Christmas cards made. Considering that we are only one week into November, I am not doing too badly. Today was another rainy day, until just before the sun set. So I did not go out to buy stocking stuffers, but instead stayed inside to work on my cards. I phoned a couple of people to find out what I should bring with me to the crafting workshop this Saturday. For dinner tonight I am having creamed cabbage with hamburger before I continue to watch the sixth season of House of Cards on Netflix. That's it for me...short and sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, it's nice of the grandkids to reciprocate and send you cards! Wow, 50 cards! That's a lot! Sounds like you had a productive day! Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought I should stop producing for a while and perhaps start addressing some envelopes. Maybe I can write up my Holiday newsletter over the next couple of days so I can include it with the card. If the Postal Strike happens, they may turn out to be New Year cards after all.

      Delete