Monday, July 11, 2016

Domestic Monday

In the kitchen, I prepared a casserole dish of sliced onions and scalloped potatoes with two pork chops on top. It is in the oven now cooking in a can of mushroom soup and some milk. I will serve it with green beans.

I fried the package of bacon I took out to defrost, and I have repackaged it in the freezer to use in future recipes.

I have unloaded the dishwasher twice today and washed one load of dishes so far.

I made a 2 liter batch of Miracle Spray and refilled three of my spray bottles.

I have emptied the kitchen compost to the garden composter. I checked my veggie garden and discovered lots of purple flowers on my burgundy bean plants, flowers on my red pepper plants and tiny Jalapeno peppers beginning to form. I have a zucchini ready to harvest tomorrow. My broccoli is beginning to flower but is not doing well. I think I need to mix some oil and soap together to spray for bugs. I will take photos of my garden update tomorrow.

I washed two large loads of laundry in cold water using my homemade laundry detergent and vinegar as my fabric softener and hung both loads out on the clothesline.

I folded and put away laundry that I did before leaving for Cobourg last week.

I cleaned the toilet, sink and bath tub in the Master bathroom. I haven't done the floor yet. I also want to run baking soda and vinegar down the bath tub drain to clean it out.

I watered my indoor plants and my hanging outdoor baskets with Miracle Gro.

I received a small sample of Tic-Tacs in the mail in one of the new flavours....Cherry Cola.

I wrote my Monday Day Book and commented on some blogs.

I was not very frugal this afternoon when I did my laundry, washed a load of dishes, and fried up the bacon after 11 o'clock this morning. I was using electricity at the high peak period of the day. I need to make a more concerted effort to accomplish those chores earlier in the day.


4 comments:

  1. My oh my, you have been a whirlwind of domestic activity these past couple of days. If you have any energy to spare, please send a free sample to Central Florida, c/o Nathalie. Thankyouverymuch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was "Domestic Monday" after all. Just saying. Actually, I surprised myself when I was on a roll. You just reminded me that you asked for my mailing address the day I had to make an unexpected trip to Cobourg. I will do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Susan! You were busy. That casserole sounds yummy right now. I have some pork chops thawing in the fridge and we will also have them with potatoes, although I am not sure of my veg yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The casserole was good. I made it because we hadn't had it in a while. Now I know why. It is a cold weather casserole...not intended to be cooked in the summer time. *laugh* I won't be making it today. We are currently enjoying 30 degrees centigrade and are under a heat alert.

    ReplyDelete