Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Running Errands

Today's shop cost me $30.07

This morning I started with the usual unloading the dishwasher and doing up a second load of dishes, and throwing in a small load of laundry into the washing machine. I packaged up ten homemade get well cards with envelopes and stamps for my friend. This was a part of her birthday gift that I didn't want to give her on Friday (and you will not see photos  here) because some readers of this blog will probably be getting some of these. I left the house to meet her and pick her up for an afternoon of errands. We went to the bank and then had lunch together. What a beautiful surprise. She treated me to my lunch today and gifted me with a full jar of Miracle Whip as seen above in the photo. She had two jars and didn't think she could use it all up this summer. What!!!?? No problem in this household. I graciously accepted. 

I took her to a doctor's appointment and then on to Food Basics for groceries. I picked up potatoes which I was out of, and also some weekly specials. I got home in time to put some beef hotdogs on the grill and we finished up the pasta salad I made for dinner last night. Tonight I finished the fifth and final season of Downton Abbey on Netflix, and now I have to wait for the release of the sixth and final season to be televised. I have really enjoyed this series. 



5 comments:

  1. Hooray for freebies! I laughed when I saw your picture because I had JUST finished some Driscoll's raspberries for a late night snack, and I see that you bought some too. Do you participate in their Consumer Advisory Panel to get the coupons? I'm pretty sure that you can because the address field calls for a zip or POSTAL code. http://www.driscolls.com/community/berry-community/register

    Hasn't the 6th season been broadcast on Canadian TV yet? I think it was broadcast here this past Spring. I guess I had assumed that it was broadcast in both countries at the same time. Amazon Prime Instant here has all 6 seasons streaming (for free since we have Amazon Prime) so Greg and I should start watching the whole thing from the beginning again.

    I'm glad you got to spend quality time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I didn't even notice that they were Driscoll's berries. They were on for 3 for $5, so I mixed and matched 2 raspberries and 1 blackberry. No I haven't taken part in the surveys as of yet. Now that you have given me a link, I will think on it.

    No, we haven't got season 6 yet. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need another girls' trip to the USA with your friend... you could just stay in and watch Downton Abbey in your hotel room!

      Delete
  3. Five of us are booked into Watertown, New York for a girls' weekend early in August. I think it would be in poor taste for me to hunker down in the hotel room for two days just to watch a soap opera. Ha. Wouldn't it? Huh?? No, I will wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always come down with the flu... LOL.

      You're going on your annual NY trip, yayyyy! (and yes, I DO remember that from last year!). Goodness, do you realize that I think we've been following and commenting on each other's blog for over a year? We should celebrate! Email me your address, I have just the thing for you. Seriously. I promise I won't show up on your door step :)

      Delete