Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Daybook: July 25/16

This was the weekend of the wedding. The son of my good friends from Charleston Lake got married in Wellington. It was a perfectly lovely ceremony and reception at a venue on the Lake, but ALL my photos have wedding guests in them and I never thought to take a picture of the venue or location. Drat. So good for the memory album, but not for my blog. 

While my Sweetie and I were out of town at the wedding, my son and his GF had eight people over for a barbeque in the back yard. Most of the decorations went up after we left and they didn't think to take pictures either. It sounds like it was very successful. 

Outside my window.....it is overcast and raining off and on. Yay! We are desperate for rain. It feels a little cooler than it has been over the weekend.

I am thinking.....of how stressed and tired I am feeling. I got a phone call from my sister this weekend. My mother lost her balance and fell and is in hospital in Guelph with a broken femur. Her husband is still in hospital in Cobourg after having fallen, and he is no closer to being released than he was three weeks ago. They are now both in hospitals, several miles from each other. They will need to go into a long term care facility (nursing home) when they are released. Hopefully, this will speed up the process. In the meantime, they are in good hands. My sister is finally asking for help but hasn't indicated what kind of help. So I am taking that to mean that I should make attempts to travel and make hospital visits. After I got the news yesterday, I went to bed. I think it was the result of too much heat, bad news and excitement of the wedding. 

I am thankful for....finding a dress in my closet that still fit me for the wedding.  

From the kitchen......yesterday we ate the BBQ leftovers of hamburgers, hotdogs and salad.

I am wearing.....black capris and a red print top.

I am creating.....nothing at the moment, but I need to get busy on making lots more birthday cards. I am owing people  cards, so I need to start making "belated" birthday greetings. 

I am going.....to Bradford soon to celebrate a granddaughter's seventh birthday. It will also mean a side trip to one of the hospitals on the way.

I am hoping.....things have been worked out for the removal of furniture and personal belongings (of which there is an unbelievable amount of STUFF) from their current one-bedroom retirement unit in Cobourg. Notice has already been given that they will not be returning there. I am also hoping that my mood improves somewhat this week. 

I am hearing..... the sound of tires on wet pavement outside the house. I am also listening to the window fan, as I am loving the movement or air over me as I sit at the computer. It is very quiet as my Sweetie is gone to his Transplant appointment and all the animals are napping.

Around the house.....I have emptied the dishwasher and started to load up again. I need to do laundry, but I will wait until I can hang it outside. I vacuumed all through the downstairs on Saturday so I don't feel like doing anything domestic today. Maybe I will do some crafting, but I don't feel very productive at all. 

One of my favourite things......is the rain and cooler temperatures today. 

A few plans for the rest of the week......include doing very little. 

Here is a picture I am sharing.........


4 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that your mom broke her femur! Sounds like you had a challenging weekend. Did you say that she lives 4 hours away from your house? I'm sorry, I have forgotten.

    I'm envying the rain that you got today. We had a slight drizzle yesterday for about 10 seconds. Seriously. But when my son and I drove to Publix, which is just about 3 miles away, there were huge puddles of water all over their parking lot. Typical, the storms always hit all around us but keep on missing our house.

    I love your picture and I saved it to my computer so I can reuse it too :)

    Happy birthday to your granddaughter! 7 is a fun age. I miss my kids being 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is totally unable to live alone anymore, so when my step-dad went into hospital, my sister took her home to her place in Guelph, which is five hours away. So she is in the hospital in Guelph. My step-dad is still in the hospital in Cobourg, which is only 1 1/2 hours away, so we should be able to visit him on weekends.

      Go to clipart, Lucy and crabby, and you will find a huge selection of these pics that fill the bill. This one looked exactly how I felt this morning.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you and Nathalie both shared quotes/memes today that I can totally relate to. My morning was a bust. But the day has improved since then.

    I hope that everything goes smoothly with the eventual move to long-term care for your Mom and her husband. I know that that can be quite an ordeal. We really struggled with convincing my grandparents, although because both of my grandfathers had developed Alztheimers that decision was ultimately the only decision to make.

    It sounds like the wedding was really lovely. I hope you have a nice visit with your granddaughter.

    I'm so sorry that you have been feeling stressed. Sending hugs and positive thoughts from Florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hugs and positive vibes. I am hoping the week will only get better.

      I also hope that the move into the nursing home goes smoothly. However, there are huge waiting lists. My mother is very obstinate, so that automatically precludes anything going well. *laugh* The only good part of this is the fact that she is in a hospital for at least 5 to 6 weeks and will be cared for.

      Delete