Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A Dark and Dreary Day

Yesterday I.....
  • wrote a blog posting
  • watered all the indoor plants
  • made two more cards with "smooshed" backgrounds I made last week
  • changed out my Christmas dishes (finally) for my every day dishes
  • cut 8 lengths of 12 foot cord and macramed a hanger for a spider plant. It was a very simple pattern, but I wanted to re-acquaint myself with the various knots. I will try a more elaborate pattern next time. 
  • received my latest  hydro bill yesterday for $104.99, which is less than last month and 19% lower than this time last year. Yay!
 
I used almost 100 feet of cord to make this simple pattern. It is the perfect length for this window, but if I want to make a more elaborate pattern, I will need closer to 200 feet. I happened to have 4 large wooden beads which I incorporated into the hanger. I will go to Michaels and see about getting other beads with large openings. (perhaps glass or ceramic)

Today I.....
  • mailed off two cards (Thinking of you and Birthday wishes)
  • picked up a large bag of premium potting mix
  • started three  more cuttings of succulents and re potted two house plants
  • planted up a soup tureen as another succulent garden and moved it to a sunny window
  • worked on my pillow case embroidery project.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for a lower energy bill! Your idea of making your own macrame plant holder is ingenious. I should mention that to my daughter who is looking to move some plants on her covered porch but they need some kind of a table so the plants can actually receive the sun they need. Perhaps they could just hang them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macrame was all the rage back in the 70's and is now apparently making a comeback. It is so quick and easy to do. I had hoped to make a few hangers that I could gift people with, but I forgot how quickly they make up...even the more complicated patterns. Anyways, I think I will make up a few more for myself to hang from my verandah during the summer. I will look for some brightly coloured beads to reflect the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made the most of a dark and dreary day! Glad your hydro bill was lower! Love the macramé plant hanger! I used to make them, myself, but haven't made any, lately. They were all the rage when I first came to this country in the early 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinterest is full of macrame projects these days, especially the plant hangers. I think it is because of the resurgence of succulents as house plants. I always loved hanging my plants so as to free up surface areas.

    ReplyDelete