Monday, March 26, 2018

Grocery Shopping This Week

I expressed the hope last week that I would not have to do any more shopping until the end of the month. That didn't happen. After sorting and purging in my Craft room for three full days and part of a fourth, I decided yesterday to take a break to do up my laundry and go into Kingston Freshco again to pick up some more veggies, dairy  and berries.

Since I cannot have any complex carbohydrates like rice, pasta, lentils, beans, or anything made with flour, I end up eating a lot of vegetables and meat. I can have sweet potatoes sparingly (they have a high glycemic index) and the occasional turnip; but mostly it is above ground vegetables. These veggies and frozen field berries cost $27.43
Dairy cost me $18.63 The yoghurt was still $1.69 each and the 400 gm block of Monteray Jack with jalapeno cost only $3.75  I needed to buy the whole milk and since the cottage cheese was not on sale, I bought only one container of store brand at $2.99  I lo-o-ove cottage cheese.
I didn't plan on buying meat but the chicken thighs were only $1.99 a lb. so I bought a pkg. of 9 for $4.04 
The Oktoberfest sausage was also on sale, so after picking up these two packages of meat I paid $6.53, bringing my total food expenditure to $52.59 for this week.

The only craft project I completed this week was a knit dish cloth. I worked just a tiny bit on my embroidery.

I mentioned already that I plan to pack away all my whole sheets of card stock (except for black and my card weight white card stock) and the 12x12 inch patterned scrapbook paper. I gathered all my scrap  pieces of card stock and cut them to usable rectangles sorted by colour. This is what I will make my future cards from. I still have to do the same with my patterned pieces of scrap.
My goals this week include finishing up the Craft Room purge and organization. I will also need to empty the large pieces I hope to sell on-line and get them listed. I need to get my financial papers over to the accountant to have my taxes prepared. Any other spare time I have, I will prepare items for the yard sale early in May. That will mean another week of no card-making Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did well with your grocery shopping, Susan. You remind me I still have the carton of yogurt I bought several weeks ago - I haven't even opened it, yet! I hope it is still good! I don't like cottage cheese or sour cream and rarely eat cheese; yogurt is eaten for dessert and by the time I add the palm treacle or brown sugar, it is not a healthy dessert for me! Just adding fruits isn't sweet enough for me!

    You did well to get your card stock organized. Your card making will go faster now that you have them cut down to size.

    I, too, need to get my financial papers organized! I had planned to do that, this weekend, but didn't get around to it! Tsk, tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My card stock and patterned paper are looking very neat and tidy right now. I had 3 different filing systems going on previously for all my cut scraps of paper. It is so organized right now, it is just crying out for someone to make something out of it....but I won't. I need to finish this purging and sorting of all my craft supplies and then pack it all up.

    Plain yoghurt is not sweet enough for me either. Besides adding the berries, I have to add a packet of stevia. Last week when I ran out of berries before I ran out of yoghurt, I added a little vanilla and stevia to make a nice dessert.

    ReplyDelete