Thursday, March 15, 2018

Taking a Break From Birthday Cards

Most of the cards that I need during the year are birthday cards. I make them for myself and it is the card most often asked for when I make them for others. But every once in a while, I need to send a  thank you or Thinking of you card, and usually the need is immediate. Since I only had one thank you card left in my arsenal, I decided that today I would make a few for my stash. I not only made cards using the same layout, I made them identical. That is the height of laziness. I actually made 10 cards today, but I am not pleased with one of the pairs. I haven't included those ones in the photo.
I have another identical set of these cards.

After putting together the ten cards, I did some fussy cutting and glittering of some die cuts to use on future cards.  I tried some foiling as well, but it didn't really turn out. I will probably use those two coi (with the  foil in the bottom right corner)  for a masculine card, since they look kind of distressed. Ha, ha. It was all very messy and frustrating to work with, so I am glad I waited until I was done my card making for the day.

3 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful and so are your fishies and flowers! You have such patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Because I make my cards, I can send out so many of them. Even if I were to buy my cards in the Dollar Store, they are so much cheaper to make my own.....and it gives me an outlet for creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't call making TEN cards the "height of laziness" even though they might have been all the same! Some of us can't even make ONE card, remember? What does that make us, Susan? LOL.

    I love your little kois. I'm sure the recipients will enjoy their cards very much. You have so much fun with your Cricut and all your glues and sparkles and things, you're too funny. We should live next to one another because I love buying all that stuff but I don't actually love using those. I just like buying them. So I could buy and then pass them on to you :)

    ReplyDelete