Wednesday, March 14, 2018

It Must Be Winter

Another dismal snowy day but I decided early this morning that I would write down two things in my notebook and call it my To-Do list.  I needed to do up the dishes and I had several stalks of celery in the fridge that were not being used up quickly, so they needed to be washed and chopped up for the freezer.  I haven't gone out in the car since Saturday, so I am still without dishwasher detergent. I don't have citric acid, so I couldn't even make my own in a pinch. That means that I have to wash my own dishes....ugh! While washing them up and placing into the dishwasher for them to drip dry, I also washed the tops of my stovetop, my counters, and the coffee bar in the dining room. I bleached my cutting boards.

While chopping up my celery to place inside a freezer bag, I decided to also peel a couple of carrots, chop an onion and zucchini, wash and slice some mushrooms and added some spinach to the vegetable casserole I planned on cooking tonight. It is in the oven right now with some Basa fillets. I shredded some cheese. I collected the trash from all the rooms and placed it all into a garbage bag which needs to go to the curb after dinner tonight. I sorted through the recycling and placed it outside for the Blue Box collection tomorrow. I put Draino in six of my drains to clear them. I shredded some more papers from the box under my desk and placed the lot into the garbage pail at the back of the house. By this time it was 1 PM and time for lunch. I ate two bowls of the lovely thick beef and veggie soup I made earlier in the week before I put away all the dishes. This afternoon I relaxed in a chair at the living room window and worked on some more embroidery. Sometimes just the act of writing down a couple of small chores spurs you on to keep going. Fortunately, that was the case for me today.


3 comments:

  1. You were very productive! And that is a beautiful picture of the snow on the trees! More suitable for a Winter/Christmas card than Spring/Easter, but there is still a week before Spring officially arrives, isn't there? Your mention of the beef/vegetable soup reminds me that I bought some beef, yesterday, which I need to cook! Or, at least, put to marinate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. March is a very unpredictable month as far as weather is concerned. This past week has been March Break for the school kids. Sometimes we have snow (like this week), or the kids can be outside riding their bikes and skateboards. We will continue getting snow flurries off and on, including at least once in April. We can have daffodils in the snow. Spring will truly come in May.
    I am happy to see that we can work off each other's to-do list. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a whole bag of citric acid that I wish I could mail you because I don't use it, lol. I can't believe you have to wait 2 more months for Spring! Here it's fixing to be summertime already, we're going to be in the mid 80s this weekend. Ugh. At least it's not too humid yet.

    I love that you wrote just 2 things in your notebook that you could call your To Do List and call it a day! It sounds to me that you did much more than 2 things, though :)

    ReplyDelete