Thursday, March 29, 2018

April Showers Have Arrived Early

All the snow has gone from the backyard. The rain has certainly helped with that. The robins have been digging for worms and the crocuses in the front garden have started to bloom. Spring may finally be on its way.
 The blue crocuses are out and to the left of them the alium has started to emerge. Up against the wall, the daffodils have just made an appearance.
 These daffodils were nowhere in sight yesterday.

 I have continued to work in my Craft Room all week. There isn't really anything to show you in photos because it is such tedious work. It reminds me of the week I spent before Christmas sorting through all the pieces of hardware and organizing it into containers on shelves or in drawers. It takes a lot of effort but I will be happy when it is all done.

Yesterday I sorted through my stickers. The bottom bin contains just stickers while the bin that sits on top have 3 dimensional stickers. The cardboard box to the side contain the ones that I will take to my grand kids to use in their craft space. 
 




I also have die cuts, vellum quotations, rub-ons, washi tape and lots and lots of scrapbook borders. Once I sorted through all the stickers and removed them from the larger rolling storage unit in this picture, I was better able to separate those items to make it easier to find and use them in the future. The top drawer holds my clear sentiment stamps and the  second drawer holds my clear image stamps. I also have rubber stamps, but they are in another location right now. You may notice I have two empty magazine racks. That's because I got rid of all my crafting magazines. I have been adding stuff to my yard sale bins. I kept most of my crafting books though.  I am always surprised when I realize it is 1 PM and I need some lunch, because it doesn't feel like I have been at it that long.

I had to go out this afternoon. I checked the Post Office and found an appointment to have a colonoscopy on April 9th. So I will have to delay my trip to Elliot Lake until the following week.  I also received a package of wooden beads that I had ordered a few weeks ago from Amazon (I had forgotten all about them). They cost less than $4 I believe and had to come from overseas somewhere and so the long arrival date. They will look fantastic with jute. I also stopped at the Municipal offices to pay for Satchel's license. It was $15 today, but next week it will cost $30. They didn't send out reminder notices last month, so I am glad I remembered.
 The No-Frills store was really busy. I should have gone yesterday like I wanted. I needed the 2 doz. eggs, more mixed frozen veggies to make a stir fry tomorrow, and some more sweet potatoes to take with me to Smith Falls on Saturday. I bought more frozen berries, cottage cheese and another block of cheddar. Total cost was $29.02  I will calculate this from April's budget because my government pension is in the bank. Since I had $55 remaining from March, I applied that as an extra payment against my c.c. This weekend I will add up the total of all my food, non-food, and gas expenditures from the month of March. Have a wonderful Easter holiday, no matter what you do. Stay safe on the roads if you are traveling. 



   

2 comments:

  1. Yay for spring and the garden "springing" up, practically overnight! Your craft room is starting to take shape! All those sorting and organizing tasks take time, don't they? Those wooden beads are lovely! Ideal for your macramé hangers!

    Glad you were able to get your grocery shopping done, even if the store was busy! Well done on managing the budget so well that you had funds remaining, and for applying the remaining funds from March towards the c.c. Hope you will be able to do the same in April, too.

    Have a lovely weekend with your family, Susan. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a Happy Easter to you as well Bless. I am certainly looking forward to going to Smith Falls tomorrow. My son was on call this weekend, but found out he had to work tonight. So he did not come out today as planned. He will be able to go with us to my brother's place tomorrow however.
    I have written a post this afternoon, outlining all my variable expenses for the past month. It has helped me identify already some areas where I can cut back some more. I am asking for suggestions.

    ReplyDelete