Tuesday, March 6, 2018


Yesterday, after writing out my Daybook, I got busy in the kitchen with making a big pot of soup using the soup broth I made the night before with the turkey carcass. I added fresh onion, celery,  and zucchini from the fridge, the last of my frozen yellow peppers, two frozen spinach "pucks" I froze last month by wilting some spinach and freezing in my muffin tin, some frozen burgundy beans from my garden 2 years ago, and a small tin of stewed tomatoes. I used thyme, ground black pepper  and some of my homemade seasoned salt  for flavouring. While that was simmering on the stove top, I baked some more dog biscuits. I substituted finely ground  bread crumbs for the cornmeal I have run out of. I also shredded and sauteed one of the small cabbages I had. I ate this last night for dinner with some of the meatballs I made on the weekend.

I drove to Amerstview in the afternoon after picking up the mail. My third and final "Just Because" box had arrived.
Contents include another handmade soap, bath bomb, and lip moisturizer. It came with the thick card you see, which is a perfect size for using in a greeting card....perhaps for a thank you to my niece for such a great Christmas gift that will keep on giving.

I picked up a prescription at my pharmacy before heading over to Shoppers to pick up a few items.
The frozen stir fry veggies, 1 litre of table cream, 2 litres of whole milk, 2 tubs of cottage cheese and one Kg of quick oats were all on sale and cost me $18.94 (I saved $10), but I paid with a $25 gift card ( a birthday gift), so nothing out of pocket.

I finished an encouragement card that I had started last week, was on Facebook Messenger for a half hour, and almost a week into the new month,  I finally posted my Goals for March here. My biggest area for improvement is in the management of my household....Spring Cleaning, or any cleaning for that matter. I will have to get back to writing out a daily To-Do list.

I ended the afternoon around 4:30 when I fed the dog and took him for a walk around the block. I made my own dinner and then settled in front of Netflix for the night. I am currently staying away from TV series and have been watching 2 or 3 movies a night. I have been enjoying most of them.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very productive day, yesterday, Susan. Your turkey soup sounds wonderful! I hope you have another good day, today, too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a balanced well-rounded day...a little organizing, a bit of writing, and some crafting. Tomorrow I will try and get some cleaning done (still not enthused).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 to 3 movies a NIGHT? Wow. You're really making the most of that Netflix subscription, kudos! I find it hard to sit through one entire movie, lol. What's a good movie you've watched recently?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even felt the need to find a way to watch TV. I might someday buy myself an antenna of sorts, but not yet. There is still so much to watch. It would be a far shorter list if I were to name the movies I didn't like. I love stories of all kinds, so most movies have redeeming qualities to them. They don't have to be GREAT for me to sit through them and actually there isn't a movie I can recall (except Dr. Zhivago) that was so good I felt a need to watch it again. I don't think I have ever made a movie recommendation, but I do like movies done by some of my favourite actors.

    ReplyDelete