Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A Good Day to Stay Indoors

It was cool and overcast when I got up this morning, and now at 2:30 in the afternoon, it has just started to rain. I just got back from the Post Office where I mailed off two encouragement cards and picked up my mail. This morning I responded to  my email messages before I went to the Craft Room to resume my cutting and purging of black card stock and all of my patterned paper. I did not cut these. I just put together in page protectors any large pieces that were predominately one colour. I also separated Fall and Halloween papers, from Easter patterns, and Valentine backgrounds so they are all together in separate packages so I don't have to scout out where they are or cut into fresh unused sheets. My Christmas papers are in a lidded container of their own.

This way I will use up all my scraps to make cards and pack up the whole unused sheets to go to the apartment when I am ready. If I were smart, I would always use up just the scrap pieces for my card making and save the large sheets for scrap booking only. Besides the loose sheets of patterned paper, I have 12 inch by 12 inch paper pads and 6x6 inch paper pads. I never have to buy patterned paper ever again in my life time.

When I finished,  it was well after 1 PM and I realized I hadn't made my turkey vegetable soup for lunch, so I did that quickly. While that simmered, I emptied the dishwasher and started loading it up again. Then I watered my indoor plants, before walking over to the Post Office.  I am eating my soup now while I post this. It was a good day to stay indoors but it is also a day that saps my energy and makes me feel very tired.

3 comments:

  1. You had a very productive day! I like how you have it all in a tub - easy to take out the tub and have everything you need on hand. I had my scrapbooking papers all nicely organized, at one time...needless to say, things are in a bit of a mess now! But, even so, I believe all the scrap pieces are in one container - whether they are still separated by solid/patterned is questionable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful that you have all your scrap pieces in ONE container. Mine were in at least 3 different places. It feels so good to have them all consolidated. Patterns in one bin and card stock in another. I have since made a card (a get well card for my sister) and I was so proud of myself for looking after the scraps afterwards. I put the cut usable pieces where they belonged and the rest went in the garbage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on taking care of the leftover papers right away!

      Delete