Thursday, March 8, 2018

Cardmaking Thursday

I started my Thursday by unloading the dishwasher while making my two egg omelet with zucchini and crumbled bacon. I already had my two cups of Keurig coffee while talking to "Dee" on my tablet. We talk every morning. I answered some emails and read some blogs and wished some of my friends a "Happy International Women's Day". I sorted through the recycling and took all of it outside to the bins. I took the gray recycle bin (paper and cardboard) down to the curb for pickup, but no garbage this week. While the temperatures are still cold, I can hold the garbage for two weeks, but when the warmer temps arrive, I will have to set it out every week.

Finally I was ready to start my cardmaking. I decided to finish off the Easter cards for the kids. I actually produced 7 cards today. I cheated a bit by only making 3 designs and changed them up by using different colours and papers.
I made 2 "E is for Easter" (one is done in pink), 3 of the middle cards done with different coloured burlap as the background, and 2 of the "Easter blessings" using different patterned background papers.

These cards still took most of the afternoon and I got to "face time" with my sister. After I finished, I went to work on my embroidery project and finished that up. I made some mistakes. I should have filled in the bird's eye with a satin stitch intead of a french knot, but these things are learned through experience. I didn't sew the two sides of the pillow case together, so........I consider that a resounding success.
I think my youngest grand daughter will not mind the mistakes. I hope she likes the birdies.

I fed the dog, took him out for his walk around the block, came in and realized I had not shredded and fried my cabbage like I had intended. So while that is cooking, I decided to post about my day. Not getting any housework done yet, but it has been a crafty week so far. Have a great evening.

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are cute, but your pillowcase is beautiful! Your granddaughter is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bless. I hope she does. Once I got working on it, it made up very quickly. It is nice to have something to do while watching all that Netflix in the evenings.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure what you mean by having made a mistake, the pillowcase looks perfect to me! Your GD will probably not notice any difference, will she? She'll treasure this for a long time.

    And yay for saving a garbage tag! Can you not keep your garbage outside when it's warmer so you can still only put it out every 2 weeks instead of weekly? How much garbage do you really produce all by yourself? You can start composting again now too, right? Can you or do you compost when it's snowing outside, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I produce very little garbage, especially on this diet. There are only spent kleenex and meat/cheese wrappers. My biggest amount of garbage comes from the poop and scoop bags. I collect kitchen compost all year round. But our summers get HOT. Garbage gets quite stinky, so I make sure to toss it to the curb every week.

    ReplyDelete