Monday, March 12, 2018

Daybook: Monday, March 12/18

Outside my window.....it is overcast. We have more snow on the ground than we did last week and the temperatures have been hovering just below the freezing mark most days.

I am thinking.....of my daughter-in-law out in Vancouver. She just received the results of her cat scan on Saturday and the cancer is so small, it doesn't even show up on the scan. This is great news. The cyst she had removed from her throat usually indicates a secondary source, so she will have daily radiation over seven weeks in the hopes of eradicating it. The primary source is suspected to have come from the tonsils or the base of the tongue. This is the woman who is married to my oldest son who just had his kidney transplant. This family has been through a lot. His eldest daughter (my grand daughter) has been struggling with her BEd program this semester. I will continue to send encouraging cards to them all.

I am thankful for......encouraging updates from my family regarding their state of health.

From the kitchen.....the only cooking I did on the weekend was to make a pot of beef stock, cook some vegetable side dishes, and reheat leftovers.

I am wearing...... black denim jeans, a red long sleeved t-shirt and fuzzy black socks. The red t-shirt was a free promotion from Cheerios at the last winter Olympics 8 years ago.I got the one that says Canada on the front made up of all the signatures of both the men's and women's hockey teams. See link here.

I am creating.....an embroidered  king-sized  pillow case for my son's fiancee's birthday in April.  I printed out the pattern yesterday using a freebie from Pinterest and some carbon paper. On Saturday evening before dinner, my son's fiancee and I packaged up a "care" package for my DIL who will be getting radiation treatments. I also wrapped up a smaller parcel inside that contains a card and the pillowcase for my youngest grand daughter. She loves to get her own parcels in the mail.

I am going.....to the Post Office later this morning to mail off this parcel and check for the mail. I don't have any other plans to go anywhere else today.

I am hoping.....biopsy results for my other family member come back okay.

I am hearing.....only the blower on the furnace and occasional traffic noise.

Around the house.....there is more vacuuming to be done and a new to-do list to be written up.

One of my favourite things.....this past week has been both email and "facebook messenger" which has kept me in touch with a lot of friends and family. I had more than the usual number of people get in touch with me over the past few days.

A few plans for the rest of the week......only involve meeting with some friends for dinner on Friday night.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....I have nothing today. I am not inspired at all.



4 comments:

  1. Hooray for better than expected biopsy results for your DIL! I hope she does well with the radiation.

    I don't feel inspired or motivated at all either, even though the sun is up now and the sky is blue. I just feel drained.

    My daughter starts one of her very hard mid-term exams in about 5 minutes and she was so stressed about it last week that now I'm super nervous for her.

    I hope you have a fantastic week and that the other results are good as well, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the better than expected CT results are very encouraging. The radiation will probably drain her of energy and make her very tired, but that is preferable to the alternative.
      Hoping YS does well on his tests and that your daughter does better than she thinks she has.

      Delete
  2. Susan, I am so glad to hear that the scan results are so encouraging. I am supposing that she won't need chemo? Hopefully, the radiation treatments will go well. I will continue to keep her in my prayers for good health.

    I think your lack of motivation to do anything might be a result of all the emotional anxiety you've been feeling about the health of your family members and the outcome of the various tests. Sitting in your chair and embroidering is considered being productive! You'll be like Curly locks in the nursery rhyme - sitting on a cushion and sewing a fine seam. :) Plus, weren't you going to the post office to mail the package? That's being productive, too, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct in assuming she will not need chemo. At least, that is not in the plans. I did mail out the package today. She will probably receive it early next week. I tucked in a small parcel with card for my youngest GD, and wrapped it in brown paper so it will look like it was also mailed. I not only started my new embroidery project but I also started on another knit dish cloth.

    ReplyDelete