Sunday, March 11, 2018

My Weekend

I remember telling Bless on Friday that I had no plans for the weekend. I was just going to go with the flow. Sometimes the flow is slow and meandering. Other times the current is swift and pulls you through so quickly it leaves you gasping. Yesterday the flow moved swiftly.  My day started with an early morning phone call that the  Avon order for my son's fiancee had arrived. I walked over a block to pick it up and pay for it.   I also had to pick up two new prescriptions my GP had phoned in for me on Friday and because I came home  ahead of the snow, I hadn't stopped for gas like I intended.  I was almost completely out, so I thought I had better fill up before I left town. Since I was going to the pharmacy anyway, I used the last of my Shopper's gift card to pick up 4 litres of whole milk. When I got home I received a text from my son's fiancee that they would be by for dinner and a visit.  I pulled one of the cooked turkey breasts out of the freezer and decided to make up the sweet potatoes and broccoli as a side.

Throughout the day I washed up and put away 5 big loads of laundry. I changed out my bed sheets again and washed those with my whites and lights. I had a smaller dark load, a load of sofa throws and cushion covers, my white draperies from the living room and a load of 2 4x6 scatter mats. I tidied and vacuumed all through the living room (moving furniture as I went), the kitchen floor and dining room floor, when suddenly the vacuum stopped. When I took it apart I found the canister was all plugged up, including the filter. So I took out all 9 screws and disassembled every piece. I washed and dried all the pieces that made up the canister including the filter and gasket. Now it runs like a charm. I made up the living room furniture and rehung the draperies and then removed the beef stock I had been simmering all day to make soup for later this week. By the time my company arrived, I was finished. After dinner I realized that I had run out of dishwasher tablets so I left the dishes until this morning. Because I was losing an hour due to Daylight Savings, and because I'd had a full busy day, I went to bed early.

I did not want to go out this morning again, so I decided to do up all the dishes by hand and put them in the dishwasher (like Nathalie) to drip dry. It seemed like it took a long time to get them done. I didn't look at the time, so I don't know. But between doing the dishes and talking to family members on the tablet, it was suddenly 1 PM and time for lunch. I have spent the afternoon reading and responding to the emails and blogs I didn't read yesterday because things got busy. I've put away all the dishes and I have also traced out another embroidery pattern on a pillow case to be my next project. I should report on my goals for this week but it is almost 7 PM and I am starving. I will catch you up tomorrow. Hope your weekend was good. Sorry but no photos today either.

2 comments:

  1. Susan, it's a good thing you didn't make any plans and decided to go with the flow! Otherwise, you might have been finding yourself battling the current! You accomplished quite a lot, simply going with the flow! Well done! That was very good planning on your part, by the way, to cook the whole turkey, last week, and freeze the breasts. Only to cook the sides and you were ready for company to drop by for dinner!

    I hope you have a restful Monday after such a busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. A restful Monday?? I can barely move my butt off this chair away from the computer. This may be another day to go with the flow; as in, if I want to sit all day, maybe I should just work on some embroidery to get something done.

    ReplyDelete