Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Macrame Tuesday

I just knew that today was also going to be quite uninspiring. I woke up again to dreary overcast skies and more snow, and I had absolutely no ambition to get any housework done. I started the tidying and vacuuming on Saturday until my vacuum cleaner went on the fritz. I also did up so much laundry....not just the two usual loads, but draperies and blankets and scatter mats, oh my.  I did clean up my vacuum cleaner and got it running smoothly, but since the weekend everything has sort of come to a stand still. I showed my son's fiancee the white macrame plant hanger I did last week. She loved it, but reminded me they could not hang any plants from their apartment ceiling because it is basically drywall glued up to concrete. You cannot put in a hook and anchor, and DEFINITELY you cannot drill holes in the ceiling. So I went on line to whittle away my precious time on Pinterest when suddenly I was grabbed by inspiration. I found this pattern to hang straight on the wall. I had bought some jute a couple of weeks ago when I found the white macrame cord, and I had some small wooden beads, so I made this wall hanger this afternoon. I am still amazed how quickly these make up.
The three pockets only hold 3 1/2 or 4 inch pots, but I think it would look really nice with succulents in them, and they have a lot of those. Do I mind if they read my blog and see what I have made them?? Not really. It will give them a chance to practice their "Just what I always wanted" face, so I can surprise them. I threaded 18 small wooden beads at different heights in the dangles underneath the pots and I have a few more intricate knots in this piece. I hope they like it. I don't know when I will give it to them. I was making these things to gift people at Christmas, but so far I have just been giving them away as quickly as I make them. I am going to have to rethink this strategy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this macramé hanging! I am sure they are going to love it! It will look lovely with succulents planted in the pots! Is it on a dowel or branch?

    You could put some Easter eggs or a chocolate bunny in the pots and gift it to them for Easter, if you don't want to wait until Christmas. Or...put it aside until Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Bless, it is on an old shillelagh that has been in our house for so-o-o long, I have forgotten where it came from. I didn't want to get rid of it. Rick didn't use it. He had his own really nice cane with a silver handle that I have since given to one of his friends. My family is of Irish descent so it may have been in our family for a while. Anyways, I thought how perfect to pass it on to one of my kids by giving it a different function. I like your idea for Easter. I have some "fake Easter grass" already that I could put in the pots with a couple of chocolate eggs....not too much. This way I can purge some more excelsior by gifting it. Let someone else deal with it. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea to pass of the family heirloom! It's sure to be a conversation piece!

      Delete