Friday, September 7, 2018

A Little Bit of Everything

With cooler weather today, my Mojo was revved up. I managed to do a little of this and a little of that and managed to get a few things accomplished.

  • While making breakfast, I emptied the dishwasher and made my iced tea. 
  • I used the chicken broth I made in the crock pot on Tuesday to make a big pot of chicken soup with veggies. 
  • I made two more encouragement cards and wrote in a card for my mother. 
  • I watered my indoor plants
  • I washed 3 more windows, inside and outside, including frames, tracks, and sills. The three windows were upstairs...two in my bedroom and one in my bathroom.  The wash water was disgustingly dirty. 
  • While I was up there, I put away the laundry I did yesterday and brought down the garbage from the waste baskets in my bedroom, the bathroom and the laundry room. 
  • I ate 2 bowls of my chicken soup for lunch. 
  • I walked to the Post Office and mailed away two cards and picked up some mail.
  • I mowed the back lawn
  • I did some more weeding. I didn't watch the time, so I don't know how long I spent out there, but I am feeling very tired right now. I took a shower and washed my hair.

For dinner tonight I am making pork chops with mashed cauliflower and brussel sprouts. I heard from my friend's wife today. He was back in hospital since the last time he was out here.  His doctor had taken him off the steroids but then his brain became enlarged again applying pressure to his skull, so now he is back on them. He wants to come out to my place tomorrow with his brother to "do a few things" and of course I am feeling very anxious about it, but there is no way anyone can stop him. I know his wife needs a break from having him at home all the time. The steroids make him fidgety and he needs to be doing something, and as long as his brother is here helping  him, I can comply. It will be another busy weekend for me. I hope you all get to enjoy your weekend. Do you have any plans? 

4 comments:

  1. Look at you getting all those things done! You accomplished a lot! Just washing the three windows (and so thoroughly, too), was a log of work! I need to wash windows, myself, but mine can be washed only from the inside, until I climb a ladder to do the outside. Not quite there, yet - maybe I'll ask M to help.

    Sorry to hear your friend had to go back to the hospital. But, if he wants to come and do a few things, and his brother is there to help him, then, I'm sure it will be OK. It allows him to feel productive, gives his wife a break, and improves your place! A win-win-win situation, all around, I'd say. Just don't overdo things, yourself, while helping him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has really taken on my property as his own project. He can't do anything himself anymore. He has no range of movement in his neck and must sleep sitting up now in a chair at home. But he was pleased with the work I managed to finish up outside these past two weeks (including the front steps and walkway that he had envisioned for me). He directed his brother in how to use the aluminum flashing he left here 2 weeks ago to finish the trim around my front door. I helped out as much as I could. Then while the brother used the whipper snipper to clear out more area on the property, I took the tree loppers and cleared branches from the smaller trees and shrubs. Now I should be able to use the bow rake to clear out the debris so I can move in with the mower. They stayed for four hours and when they left, my homework assignment was to move the gravel pile that is in my driveway. Now that I have used what he had requested, I have lots of places I can use the rest.

      Delete
  2. Such a busy day, and you accomplished so much!

    Sorry that your friend returned to hospital but glad that they could help with the setback. It sounds like such a blessing that he has your place to look forward to working on for both of you. I think men, in particular, need to feel productive.

    Thank goodness you got your last homework accomplished! LOL Good luck and getting this weeks assignment accomplished!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the better part of 3 yards remaining, I shouldn't allow this to wait much longer. I have used several hours this weekend trying to rake out the debris that we cleared on Saturday. However, in doing that I managed to break the bow rake and now I need to get a new handle installed. This will give me the opportunity to shovel gravel into the wheel barrow and take it to where it needs to go.

    ReplyDelete