Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Warmer on Tuesday

Have I mentioned how much colder it got over the past weekend? Remembering that it was 29 C degrees last week, the temperature dropped to only 9 C degrees. I refused to turn on my furnace yesterday. Instead I wore clothes from my winter closet, a sweater and I put another comforter on the bed. I must have been toasty warm because I slept in until 9:20 this morning. While I was getting dressed, I noticed a Fed-Ex van outside my house. I ran downstairs just in time to answer the door. I received a package from Amazon.

I ordered 3 things: a 6x6 patterned card stock pad (which I really didn't need, but I have been watching the price on this go down every week and I grabbed it before it was gone), an Inkadinkado stamp of a snowy cabin (for winter cards, Christmas, and masculine cards) and some more scor tape (which I will need to put together my Christmas boxes that I make). The scor tape will arrive at a later date.  The Doodlebug Design card stock will be perfect to make card sets, because all the sheets co-ordinate with each other and because the price was too perfect to pass up. I applied the $20 gift certificate that I earned from doing Pine Cone surveys, so I only paid oop for half the cost of my total order.  

Because I slept in, I also missed a call from my daughter. She left a message that she will try again later. I don't think that I was overly tired last night. It wasn't as though I exerted myself too much yesterday. I did wash two more windows upstairs....a spare bedroom and the loft (room at the top of the stairs). I also threw the two sets of drapes and bathroom curtains in with some other light washables into the washing machine, which I turned on last night before going to bed. But for the most part, I just sat at the computer looking for ideas for making Christmas gifts and making lists. It started to rain before noon and continued all through the day and night. So when I awoke this morning, it was wet and overcast, but I hung out the laundry anyway. When it dries eventually, it will smell fresh like autumn rains. It was while I was outside hanging clothes that I realized how much warmer it was from yesterday. Still, not a good day to work outdoors so I washed the last two windows upstairs....a spare bedroom and the laundry room. Now I can concentrate on finishing the windows downstairs. I will continue to clean just two windows at a time.

Last night for dinner, I melted 1/2 cup of butter with 8 oz. of cream cheese  before thinning it out with milk. I added some garlic and Parmesan cheese to make a cheesy white sauce, or Alfredo sauce. I poured this over some broccoli and cauliflower to eat with my small roast pork from the crock pot. It tasted really yummy and made lots, so today's lunch was creamed cabbage. I finished off the last two bowls of chicken soup for lunch yesterday and hadn't planned ahead for lunch today.  I am so glad I froze a portion of sauteed cabbage  the other day. Tonight I will roast some veggies with sausage and make sure there will be leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I am still trying to use up what I have before going to the store before the end of this week. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got some extra sleep! You must have been tired from the weekend. Your new card stock and stamp look great! I know you'll make lots of lovely cards with them.

    You still got a lot accomplished, washing those windows and the drapes, etc. I'm glad you were able to reward yourself with some computer time, looking for Christmas gift ideas. :)

    You are doing great with using what you have in the freezer and pantry and not grocery shopping! I did a mini shop, this evening. Bought half a gallon of milk for myself and 2 bags of cat food for the stray cats. I wouldn't have gone grocery shopping at all, if I didn't need the cat food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wet Wednesday. I got up at 6:30 this morning. After I return from the nurse's office, I may try to wash some more windows or use the afternoon to make some cards. I haven't figured it out yet.

    Tonight's dinner will be chicken stir fry over cauliflower rice which doesn't require cheese. Haha. Still going strong.

    ReplyDelete