Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Once Was Not Enough

I made it to my appointment with the nurse this morning, with time to spare. I went early again as the parking is always a problem. I stopped into Giant Tiger to buy their weekly specials because I needed to use their parking lot again. I bought the bag of groceries and took it with me to my medical appointment. It would cost me something for parking at the doctor's office. This parking is free for customers. Normally I wouldn't pay so much for parking, so I look at it as high costs for parking but with free groceries. Haha. 

The rainbow peppers were only 4 for $1.98, so I bought 2 bags. I am filling my pantry with more proteins...flakes of ham, turkey and chicken for 99 cents a tin and a canned ham for only $3.97. The can of roasted almonds was $2.99  This will come out of the next week's grocery money, but it was just a mini shop for the sale items so I could use the free parking.

The nurse tried to clear my right ear for 15 solid minutes. She ran out of warm water twice during the procedure. The wax is really impacted, but she was able to dislodge it. I became slightly deaf in that ear because the plug has moved up the ear canal and my ear is water logged behind it. So I am going to have to return on Friday morning at 10:30 and use the next two days to keep oil in my ear to try and soften the wax. For most of the afternoon, the feeling of having my ear plugged up was driving me crazy., and I did not feel like doing anything at all. So I dragged out some card crafting supplies and played this afternoon.  It is feeling a lot better now. Sometime during my crafting, the ear has cleared itself. The water must have drained out, although I will still have to apply the oil drops.
 I was colouring with the alcohol markers and cutting out some of my smaller images . I also created some stamping masks which I will keep with the appropriate stamp sets. Basically, I just need to play with my supplies to find the best combinations and try out a few ideas to make the card making go more smoothly when I am ready to go.
Testing my inks for the best impression for my new "Snowy Cabin" stamp.

2 comments:

  1. I remember my mother having a blocked ear canal; I think we, too, went 2 or 3 times to get it cleared. I'm glad you were able to distract yourself with card making and experimenting with your stamps. Good job doing some grocery shopping to take advantage of the free parking. Glad you are finding things for the pantry that are allowed on your diet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oil treatment worked a charm. I don't think I spent two minutes in the nurse's office. I thought perhaps that the problem had resolved itself with the oil, because I know that some ear wax came out after the first night. But no, the warm water syringe removed the worst of it. What a difference! I must have been almost deaf in that one ear and never realized it.

    ReplyDelete