Thursday, September 20, 2018

Trying to Figure Out Technology

I  was like a dog with a bone this morning. I became obsessed with figuring out why my family were not able to get my blog posts anymore.  I had put them on an email list but one by one they were reporting that I was no longer blogging. Yes I am. I know that notifications haven't been going out to people who go through FeedBurner, but why are people on the email list not getting emails? More of my family have joined Facebook (which I don't use very often) and through Google Plus. There has to be a way of reaching them through Google. Well, as you know, I am not very tech savvy. In fact, among the family, it is a joke. But I was determined to figure it out.  It took me all day but I can now post these on Google Plus. And yes, I found the original email list of notifications and there were only two names left on it. I don't know how, when or why the names were dropped, but I have added  some of them again. Now we shall see if all the work I did today will fix the problem.

I did get outside for just a little bit. I got the garbage and the paper recycling out to the curb and I moved some gravel from the driveway into the back yard and I pulled a few weeds. I watered my indoor plants. In the kitchen, I used the chicken broth I made on the weekend to make a chicken vegetable soup, and I shredded a cabbage to saute on the stove. I will add some fried ground beef with it for tonight's dinner.
Sedum Autumn Joy



4 comments:

  1. Well, I know that Blogger stopped email notifications of comments a few weeks ago, so maybe that had something to do with it? They've since offered email notification of comments, but I've got used to checking the site a couple of times a day and that works well enough for me. Also, I haven't signed up to receive notifications of new posts on any of the blogs I read on a regular basis - I just go around checking on them on a daily basis to see if there's anything new, which is probably not a very efficient way of doing things, but, again, it works for me. I am someone who has no idea what she's doing when it comes to the internet and blogging, etc., so the less I do with settings, the better, because I am sure to mess up something if I go to change things! Ha, ha.

    I'm glad you were able to figure out things - obviously, you are more tech savvy than you give yourself credit for being! Hope the new settings worked and your family and friends are able to get notifications of your new posts. :)

    I am going to check out some of the blogs on your list. Thanks again for posting the list.

    Your sedum is looking beautiful! This is another plant I should get for my garden, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like sedum. It is one of the only flowering plants I have left for Autumn bloom. I have black-eyed Susans, pink echinacea, pink asters (which are not in bloom yet) statice and then my sedum which includes the Autumn Joy and Dragon's Blood. I planted my Mother's Day mums and they are growing again, but I don't know if they will bloom before the snow. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be connected again! Lovely flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I only heard back from one other person who reported that she is still NOT receiving notification. I am so glad you are back on the list.

      Delete