Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Rainy Day Activities

It was raining before I got up yesterday morning and it continued most of the day. I could have written up  my Mile-long list of things I need to get done between now and Christmas Eve. I could have wrapped up the Advent calendar gifts that I have already bought for the kids. I could have started my hand-made gifts that I plan to craft for Christmas. Heck, I could even have got some housework done since I couldn't go outside to work. But I didn't do any of those things. I just frittered away the whole day. I stayed on my butt in front of the computer and vegetated.

So today, after I talked with "Dee" on Facebook Messenger, I got busy. I  wrote out a birthday card for my daughter whose birthday falls on Saturday this year. I made three more Thanksgiving Day cards and a Halloween card that I will send to my mother. The young kids will get "spooky" cards, but I made a "cute" one for my mom.
I sorted all of the little Advent gifts in the appropriate bags after I wrote in my Xmas book what I have bought already for each child, and was pleasantly surprised to find I have 16 gifts already for each of them. I am more than half way there. I carry the book with me in my purse so that when I am out, I know what I have and what is left to get.

After lunch, the rains stopped again and the sun came out. I walked to the post office to mail my daughter's card and picked up another Amazon order. I then walked over to a friend's house to drop off my Avon order for this month. They are small stocking stuffers that will be mailed out. When I got back home I washed my dining room window, inside and out, with the same diligence and detail that I have used on all the windows so far. But then I decided I would wash the back exterior steel door and the screened back door as well. I must have spent at least two hours on cleaning those doors. I finally quit at 5:30 and made my supper of salmon and greens (spinach, green beans, broccoli and brussel sprouts) covered in Pepper Jack cheese. I think I earned my keep today.

3 comments:

  1. I think you more than made up for not doing much, yesterday! It was my turn to be non-productive, today! I guess I'll have to make up for it, tomorrow!

    Well done on having so many of the advent gifts already! You'll have it all done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so adorable. I think a day of rest every now and then helps to get us jump started again on accomplishing things!

    Your dinner sounds delicious!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we all need a "do nothing" day. Despite my having not accomplished much the day before, I couldn't keep my eyes open and finally went off to bed about 9 o'clock at night. So I am thinking that sometimes the body just gives out and doesn't want to do any more. And we attribute it to running out of motivation.

    ReplyDelete