Monday, September 24, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Sept. 24/18

Outside my window.....the sun is setting at 6:30 PM. It was another lovely, sunny day, but now the temperature is falling.

I am thinking.....of my own mile long Autumn To-Do list, having just read about Bless' list over at My Two Cents.  I am also thinking about how this is the final week in September.  My friend with brain cancer is back in the hospital and he is not doing well. My mother is also not doing terribly well as the doctor tries to find and adjust medication to keep her calm and restrained.

I am thankful for.....the many chores on my list of to-dos that keep my mind focused on what needs to be done and not dwell too much on the negatives.

From the kitchen.....my dinner is presently in the oven. I am having another cheesy veggie casserole of zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli and sweet peppers with tilapia fillets. I finished the last of the soup for lunch today.

I am wearing.....black jeans, black socks, a gray long sleeved t-shirt. I just put on a red zippered hoody because it is getting cooler now that the sun is gone.

I am creating.....some Christmas gifts and I have started picking up some little presents for the kids' Advent calendars. I mailed another card to my mom this afternoon.

I am going.....nowhere tonight. But after lunch, I drove into Kingston to run some errands and spend money. I stopped in first at the post office to mail my mother's card and pick up my mail. I went to Rona where I bought the rake and asked if they would repair it. When she said no, I walked out and drove to Canadian Tire where I bought  their Yard Works bow rake. I applied the $11 left on my points total, so paid only $14.78 oop. The rake has a 4 year warranty. Then I drove to Michael's and picked up some black card stock and a 6x6 Halloween paper pad  double-sided for only $5.39 (40% off)  From there I went to the Dollar Tree, where I picked up from my list that I keep in my purse for whenever I am by there. I also started buying Advent calendar gifts for my 3 youngest grand children. Yippee! That's exciting.

I am hoping.....we continue to get fine weather for the rest of the week. I was able to do more than 2 hours outdoors this morning. I pruned more lilacs and pulled the suckers and some weeds from that  flower bed.

I am hearing.....the hum from the freezer in this room. It is very quiet. There isn't any traffic right now.

Around the house.....the housework is taking a back seat for the moment. I have some draperies I need to iron and rehang in the upstairs windows.

One of my favourite things.....I am too hungry to think right now. My supper is ready to eat and it is now 7:15.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include serving dinner on Sunday to our clients at Special Meals. There are no medical appointments scheduled. I will have to buy groceries at the end of the week as it will have been two weeks since my last shop.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
Here is one of my hanging planters.The geraniums are still blooming, but the other plants never came back from the long drought, when I was unable to water because of  the robins. I left the nest as you can see because the geranium grew right through the side of it. I will remove the nest when I bring the geranium inside to repot.


2 comments:

  1. I love that photo! It's like a silent poem! An empty nest, a plant growing through it, a flower blooming: Autumn. Not quite haiku, but it's the best I can do at 2:40 a.m.

    I am sorry to hear about your friend and your mother, Susan. (((Hugs)))

    Ha, ha, you want to get together over a virtual cup of coffee and compare lists? :D

    Hope your Tuesday will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem. But it wasn't very silent yesterday, as it was whipped about in the rain and strong winds we had yesterday. It's a good thing that the robins leave before the autumn storms hit. I could have done a lot yesterday indoors, like wrap presents, make presents, do housework, etc. But I didn't do any of those things. I just frittered the day away. I made up for it today though, because I was feeling guilty.

    ReplyDelete