Monday, September 10, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Sept. 10/18

Outside my window.....(my very sparkling clean window) I can see that it is a dark and overcast day with some rain predicted later on. We could do with a little rain despite the fact that it rained so much in August. Everything is very dry and dusty right now. It would make pulling weeds a whole lot easier.

I am thinking.....that if these cooler temperatures persist through September, I have a good chance of getting a lot of work done outside. I managed a lot over the weekend.

I am thankful for.....my friend and his brother coming over on Saturday to help me out with the yard work. My friend can no longer do any of the work, but he had his brother (and myself) busy doing work under his supervision. The brother installed the aluminum caps around the frame of my front door and cleared a lot of my overgrown property with the whipper snipper, while I took the tree loppers and cleared out a lot of branches and small sumac shrubs. We worked for 4 hours solid. I felt badly for his brother who traveled down from Montreal to spend the day with his sick brother, only to be doing work for ME. But he said that he was spending time with his brother and helping him out by bringing him here.

From the kitchen.....I shredded a head of cabbage yesterday and sauteed in butter. I had half of it for dinner last night with another portion of fried ground beef.  The other half will be eaten at a later date. I have a small piece of pork roast in the crock pot for dinner.

I am wearing.....black denim jeans, socks, and a purple knit top. Cooler temperatures have moved in.

I am creating.....nothing since Friday. I need to prioritize the projects I want to do.

I am going.....nowhere outside of Odessa today. I broke my bow rake yesterday, so I may take it to the hardware store to have a new handle put on it. Even without the rake, I have lots of outdoor jobs I could be working on.

I am hoping.....lots of sunny days and cooler temperatures keep me motivated to get some work done.

I am hearing.....lots of quiet....no fans on, no crickets today, just the occasional traffic noise outside.

Around the house.....I need to vacuum downstairs again, and perhaps wet mop my floors. I may be able to get some more windows washed this week. Maybe I won't continue doing 3 windows at a time. It may be easier to tackle only two.

One of my favourite things.....this past little while, has been my wheel barrow. It allows me to move things around on my own. I have been taking branches, weeds, pieces of wood, gravel and stone from one place to another. A wheel barrow allows me to do this more easily.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include an appointment with the nurse practitioner on
Wednesday. I need to mail out two birthday cards and more "Thinking of You" cards. I will try not to do any grocery shopping until the end of this week. I need to sit down and plan a budget and a schedule for Christmas projects.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
Pink phlox......one of my remaining summer flowers.

2 comments:

  1. How nice to be able to look out from sparkling clean windows! :D

    You've had a busy weekend and got a lot accomplished! Glad your friend was able to get his brother to help!

    Quite a change in temperature from last week, isn't it? I hope the cooler weather helps with accomplishing what you want to do in the garden, but do pace yourself!

    Hope the visit with the nurse practitioner goes well. Hope you have a good week ahead. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started my work day with washing 2 more windows upstairs.....a spare bedroom and the loft area at the top of the stairs. Again it was a very thorough clean and I am relieved I chose to do only two more windows. I don't want to burn myself out. There are only 2 more windows to do upstairs and then I can finish up down stairs. The rain started before noon and has continued all day. I threw the window curtains into the washing machine to start a load after 7 pm.

    ReplyDelete