Thursday, September 6, 2018

Five Things I Accomplished

I did not wash windows, nor did I work outside doing yard work. This is what I did do....

  • I paid my hydro, gas and water bills on-line
  • I hung out a dark load wash on the clothesline and brought them in after dried.
  • I unloaded my dishwasher.
  • I unloaded the 10 bags of mulch from the back of my van
  • I made 3 more Halloween cards for a total of 10 cards. I printed verses inside, wrote a sentiment in each one for the recipient, put each into an envelope and addressed. That is the end of the Halloween cards. I will not mail them until mid October, but they are ready. Now I will be able to work on cards for gifting.  
 

 Ten bags of forest brown mulch

 Bless, here is a "fancy-fold" card called a gate-fold card. Open up the window shutters, and...
I placed a piece of acetate under the black window frame to resemble glass. I made this for my oldest grand daughter. She makes beautiful cards herself, so I thought she would appreciate this one. I took this photo before I finished off the inside with a verse and sentiment.
This was my lunch today. Yes, it is a lot of food and it is filling. However, these veggies are very low carb. (except for the carrots). Last night I ate this with 2 small pieces of salmon. Today there is no fish or meat, and the only protein is some shredded cheese on top. Tonight I am eating a chicken stir fry by itself. I decided not to make fried cauliflower rice because it is now 7:30 and I am feeling hungry NOW.


4 comments:

  1. Susan, you accomplished a lot! Even if you didn't wash windows and do yard work (other than unload the mulch - and that's a lot of mulch to unload!)

    Thank you for showing the fancy fold card! I love the opening of the shutters to reveal the window with the hands scratching at it!

    Your lunch of vegetables looks very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to have my cards prepared that I will need for the next couple of months. Now I will be able to concentrate on making cards that I will be gifting at Christmas and making my own Christmas cards that I send out every year. I am behind in starting my gift buying/making this year. I am usually in full swing for my Advent calendars by now. But I will still be using my good weather days to work out doors.

      Delete
  2. Even though you did not work outside, your fabulous five certainly accomplished a lot! The gate-fold cards look like something I could do to fancy up my cards.

    Your food looks and sounds delicious.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Diana. Do you make your own cards as well? Tell me about it. I love to chat up other card makers for ideas and inspiration (although Pinterest does a fine job of that), and I wish it were possible to see what you've done.

      Fabulous Five...I like that. It seems I always get stuck for blog titles, and yesterday I was pressed for time. I left my blog writing too late, and if it isn't done by dinner time, it doesn't get done at all.

      Delete