Monday, December 17, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Dec. 17/18

Outside my window.....it is dusk. The outdoor Christmas lights have turned themselves on and a light snow is falling. It looks very "Christmas"-y.

I am thinking.....that one week from today is Christmas Eve. I will  be busy making a meal and waiting for my guests to arrive.

I am thankful for.....all the preparations I did in October and November. This month was mainly for enjoying the season with little stress.

From the kitchen.....I finished all the  baking  I am going to do,  except for an apple pie and a keto bread loaf that I will make on the weekend, closer to Christmas Eve.

I am wearing.....a pair of blue jeans, a 3/4 length sleeve blue print blouse, an ivory coloured cardigan  and navy blue socks.

I am creating.....2 winter themed note cards. I sent one off today as a "Thinking of You" card, along with a sympathy card for my friend. The second one I will mail to my mom in a few days time., to arrive after Christmas Day.  I printed out some dog gift tags to attach to the little bags of treats I packaged a few days ago.

I am going.....nowhere else today. I went into Kingston mid day to No-Frills to pick up a few more groceries for this week and for the holiday dinners coming up. I stopped at the Post Office and picked up 3 more Christmas cards. I called my friend who just lost her husband to see if I could pick up any groceries for her while I was out, but she assured me she was fine.

I am hoping.....for world peace, but won't hold my breath.

I am hearing.....only traffic on wet roadways.

Around the house.....I need to vacuum once more and clean the powder room again.

One of my favourite things.....is my tablet where I can see photos and movies of my grand kids enjoying all of their Christmas activities the day they happen. I have watched them watching the Santa Claus parade, the antics of the "Elf on the Shelf", stage presentations and even a ballet performance by my youngest. Sometimes technology is the greatest.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include picking up  a prescription tomorrow and perhaps going  over to visit my friend if she is up for it.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
My "new to me" 7 foot long red leather couch. Each half is a recliner. You may recognize my cushion covers that I bought this past summer at Value Village (thrift store). Aren't they just the perfect match? 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new couch! Built in recliners, too! The cushions go really well with it, too! I really like your snowflakes, too, but I think I've said that, before.

    I am glad that your tablet allows you to interact with your family and see what the grandchildren are up to.

    You had a busy day! But, it sounds like you are more than ready for Christmas. Unlike some of us who are still scrambling! But, no one is coming over for Christmas and, as of right now, daughter and I are not going anywhere, either. So, we'll have ourselves a quiet little Christmas without much fuss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bless. I LOVE my new couch as well. Even more, I like that I was able to get rid of the older sofa right away and not have to stress over how to fit in all that furniture.

    I love my tablet for allowing me to stay in touch, but it is my daughter and daughter in law who are the ones taking the time and effort to keep me in the loop. I very much appreciate their efforts. I love them to bits.

    It might be nice to enjoy a quiet little Christmas, but I am sure that will not last. Within the next few days I imagine the invites will come flooding in for over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete