Sunday, December 23, 2018

'Twas the Night Before the Night Before...

It is Sunday night to be exact. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. When I make up my To-Do list, I will stretch it over two days because I will be leaving here on Christmas Day (weather allowing) to drive to Smiths Falls to stay over at my brother's house. I announced today that I will be bringing my overnight bag to stay over so that I can partake in a glass of red wine at Christmas dinner. Also, I have not  liked driving at night recently. If I stay over, we will be able to play a game of cards or a board game which I have not been able to do in the past because I have had to get home for the dog. My plan is then to drive on Boxing Day from there to my friend's place in Charleston Lake. Her son and DIL and the NEW BABY will have arrived on Christmas Day. I will present their gifts to them at that time, have dinner and I will get to hold the new little one. After all of that excitement I will come home to decide the rest of Christmas Week.

Today I vacuumed the whole of the downstairs. I also made a loaf of keto bread for the first time ever AND I made another batch of those keto Amaretti cookies because they are just so darn good. I have been eating them directly from the freezer over the past few days, so I needed to make more for Christmas. I will take my bread and cookies with me on my travels. I have also been requested to bring a dish of sweet potatoes to share with my SIL (because my brother will not make them) *laugh*
 I was very pleased with my first attempt at bread. I love that this loaf bakes up nice and high. That's because this recipe asks for 6 eggs, separated. The whites are beaten until soft peaks form and then gently folded in at the last to produce that height. I can even toast this bread. Yum. 

I have all my food gifts wrapped and tagged and ready to be delivered. But I will still be busy tomorrow getting the Christmas Eve dinner prepared. I don't think I will be back on the computer until after Boxing Day, so I trust that everyone will have a good time with family and friends and I will talk to you again later in the week. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I am glad you will be spending Christmas with your family, staying the night and then, visiting your friend the next day. I'm glad you are able to enjoy some keto friendly bread and cookies, too.

    Safe travels, Susan, and I wish you and yours all the blessings of the season. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bless. The weather was great for traveling. There were a few snow flurries yesterday on Boxing Day, but they were negligible. I still have some bread and cookies left so I am still enjoying them immensely.

    ReplyDelete