Monday, December 3, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Dec. 3/18

Outside my window.....there are a few snowflakes falling at the moment; but again, there is no snow on the ground. It has been raining and very mild out, but in the last few hours the temperature has plummeted.

I am thinking.....of all I got accomplished last week, and though there are quite a few items on my mile long to-do list, I decided to give myself a little break today by not doing anything on the deep-cleaning list.

I am thankful for.....a quiet weekend in which to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of Christmas.

From the kitchen.....I strained off the broth I made from the ham bone and put it in the freezer until I can determine what to make with it. I finished off the moussaka last night and will have a sausage veggie casserole tonight.

I am wearing.....blue jeans, red striped socks  and a long sleeved red t-shirt.

I am creating.....more packaging today for a few more stocking stuffers I picked up. I added two more thank-you cards to each gift set of all-occasion cards. Each pack now has 10 cards each, with envelopes and stamps.  I also wrapped a couple of things that I had forgotten about. I used today just to tidy up a few ends.

I am going.....nowhere else today. I have been out twice already. I drove into Amerstview to Shopper's Drug Mart, the LCBO (liquor control board) Foodland and the Dollar Store. Don't worry! I went into each store with a list. I picked up two bottles of red wine for upcoming dinner meals. My second trip out of the house was to the Post Office. I walked over to pick up a parcel delivery and also received a "Happy Winter" card in the mail from my young grand son.

I am hoping.....things go as smoothly in December as they did last month. *touch wood*

I am hearing.....busy rush hour traffic coming home from work.

Around the house.....I washed the bedding from my overnight guests last weekend and put it back on the spare room beds. The deep cleaning is going along on schedule, but I haven't done as much in the kitchen as I had hoped. However, it all needs to be done.

One of my favourite things.....is my new keyboard from my daughter and son-in-law. I rely on my computer so much. I also appreciate that he was able to hook up my new router.

A few plans for the rest of this week.....well, I haven't made any plans. There are no appointments, no birthday parties and no expected visitors. I will continue the deep clean and perhaps consider doing some baking.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....


Some more groceries I went in for included milk, eggs, cheese and toilet paper. I bought more cottage cheese, cream cheese, butter, sausage and coffee pods for my Keurig  because they were on sale and because they are always on my list to buy. I love getting ANY meat that is below $2 /lb.  The toilet paper was also on sale for less than half price, fortunately for me. (so I bought two)

2 comments:

  1. Well, now, I thought I wrote a response to this post, when I first read it, but, apparently, I forgot to hit the publish button! Oops! I do that, occasionally, when I get up to go and do something in between posting comments! Mind like a sieve, these days!

    It sounds like you've had a couple of busy days, doing laundry, going shopping, etc. Well done on all the gifts and cards. I haven't done anything much off my mile long to do list, either - need to buckle down and do a few things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now, it seems that this past week for me has been to deep clean one day and piddle off the next. So for all intents and purposes, I should have tackled a major chore today. But I didn't. Instead I went out and spent MORE money. Somebody, please, tie me down to the house.

    ReplyDelete