Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Mid-Week Report


I cleaned my bedroom yesterday. It wasn't a " move the furniture  and dust underneath and behind kind of clean", but thorough enough to last the rest of this year. *laugh* I used a damp rag to clean the tops of my dressers and bedside tables after clearing everything off the surface. I purged some items into bags and boxes to take to the Thrift store. I vacuumed the floor and the corners of the room. I did not wash the Roman Blinds because I have decided I want to replace those with curtains in January. They won't be new ones but perhaps I can find something I like from the Thrift store. I must have tired myself out because I fell asleep last night while watching a program and didn't crawl out of bed until almost 9:30 this morning.

Today was a much slower kind of day. Breakfast was late and lunch was later. In fact, after speaking with my BIL from Tampa (he called me), I warmed up some leftovers from dinner last night and it was already 3:30 in the afternoon. I feel I have done nothing today; but I did vacuum some in the laundry room before the phone call.  I have been making lists......lists of goals for the New Year, lists of supplies I need to buy to do small DIY jobs around the house, and  lists of ideas for future make your own kind of gifts to share.  I have been in a quiet and reflective mood lately.  I didn't leave the house today, so therefore did not spend any money.

I have been racking my brain trying to come up with 5 frugal and fabulous ideas that I have done this past week, but I cannot think of much. Some things I do are second nature now, so I don't consider them as frugal. I guess they are, though.

  • I repaired a set of bedroom drapes before hanging them. When I washed them, they split along some of the seams where the trim was attached.

  • I sewed on a button that was becoming loose from a blouse I wore last week. I wanted to fix it before I lost the button.

  • I cleaned using my DIY Mircle spray. I also use it on stains in the laundry.

  • I save all my coffee grounds in an old coffee tin. When it is full, I apply it directly to my flower beds. I refill my reusable plastic coffee pods every morning for the Keurig machine. 

  • I did a load of wash last night before going to bed and hung the clothes to dry this morning instead of using my dryer. 
There, I made it through my Fab and Frugal Five. 

3 comments:

  1. You did very well with your fab and frugal five! Good job hanging the laundry instead of using the dryer! I was told today that my new washer and dryer won't be delivered this weekend as promised, but rather, at the end of the month! So, I guess I won't be tempted to use the dryer for a few more weeks! LOL! (Got to look for the positives, right?) Now, sleeping till 9:30 a.m. and having lunch at 3:30 p.m. is my kind of day! Dinner is often around 8:30 p.m. and, bedtime, well, you know how that goes!

    You were busy making lists! I've a couple of lists going, myself! I need to pick up the pace, a bit, this week! I hope the rest of this week goes well for you, Susan. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. I thought you already had your new appliances. It will be really difficult to wait until after Christmas. Yes, I guess you can always "choose" to hang your laundry. Ha.

    I think I have been slacking off lately because I am way ahead of where I usually am by this time of year. On the one hand, I am patting myself on the back; but I am also feeling like maybe I am forgetting to do something really, really important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the something really, really important that you are forgetting is to come down and help me with my preparations now that you are mostly done with yours! :D

      Delete